Question Time

Elixir

One that supports Scottish independence from the UK and other supra-national political unions and globalist institutions, e.g. the EU, UN, NATO, the Commonwealth, WTO and OECD.

If that's your definition of a "genuine" nationalist is them I am proud to say I'm not one.

McRuffian showing in this thread why Sevco and their fans are so universally despised.

Imagine basing any vote on the football team you support. What an utter minter.

Do me a favour if you would and elaborate.

Likely nobody else gives a damn about what you think and I apologise in advance to my fellow P&Bers for inviting you to add even more vacuous nonsense to this thread but I just want you to clarify for me what votes I have made based on supporting Rangers.

I'm pretty sure he'll be unable to answer btw folks and is just posting the usual default, brain dead, diddy pish but it's in my nature to give people the benefit of any doubt.

And furthermore even if I am a monarchy loving, anti-EU, British nationalist, it's a perfectly legitimate political position to hold and YOU are showing, that while many Scot Nats are harmless clowns, quite a few others are nasty, sinister, cranks.

Edited by McRuffian

Do me a favour if you would and elaborate.

Likely nobody else gives a damn about what you think and I apologise in advance to my fellow P&Bers for inviting you to add even more vacuous nonsense to this thread but I just want you to clarify for me what votes I have made based on supporting Rangers.

I'm pretty sure he'll be unable to answer btw folks and is just posting the usual default, brain dead, diddy pish but it's in my nature to give people the benefit of any doubt.

And furthermore even if I am a monarchy loving, anti-EU, British nationalist, it's a perfectly legitimate political position to hold and YOU are showing, that while many Scot Nats are harmless clowns, quite a few others are nasty, sinister, cranks.

Why the anger?  It's Friday.  Almost the weekend.  I realise that anger and rage and bitterness is the default setting of the knuckle-dragging, No voting, wearrapeepul zombies but do try to lighten up a little, old chap.

:)

Knew it. Anyway, that's it oot the system. I'm away to whistle the sash and stroll up and down in the back garden in preparation for the summer. Toodle-oo.

Enjoy.  I hope your loathsome team get absolutely rag-dolled this weekend.

One that supports Scottish independence from the UK and other supra-national political unions and globalist institutions, e.g. the EU, UN, NATO, the Commonwealth, WTO and OECD.  

What utter pish.  A nationalist can believe in the benefits of collectiveness so long as it is for the benefit of the country.

To seek independence is not to seek isolation.

I am not seeking isolation which is the usual smear of politicians who want a New World Order to control our country and lives.

I seek free (not EU and WTO controlled) trade and voluntary agreements with other countries to promote freedom, security and peace. 

Thanks for confirming it. You always put the EU's integrationist "Project" before Scotland's national interest.

You think Scotland's national interest is being an isolated, insular, parochial outpost which ignores the rest of the world. You might want a Scotland that's out of the UN (something I'm not sure even North Korea has managed); I don't.

I am not seeking isolation which is the usual smear of politicians who want a New World Order to control our country and lives.

I seek free (not EU and WTO controlled) trade and voluntary agreements with other countries to promote freedom, security and peace. 

BB I dinnae care what ye want as long as you vote at every election for an Independence party.

Ye ken it makes sense :thumsup2

The problem with this worldview is that there's not a single international institution that is not founded on a "voluntary agreement" between states of which the UK is a participant. In every single case our indirectly elected head of government, and in almost all cases our directly elected legislature, ratified treaties and passed legislation to implement the terms on which we would abide domestically by the international obligations we willingly undertook.

In a similar way, Nationalists cannot argue for independence on the grounds that Scotland's participation in the United Kingdom is not voluntary, at the very least not after a direct civic participation process in which 85% of the people participated where the majority stated they wished to continue that arrangement.

Either there is something more fundamental to the nature of the arrangement of these respective treaty-based organisations or Unions that is objectionable, or else the idea of voluntary cooperation is completely consistent with them and not an argument for withdrawal.

This week's panel:

Liam Fox MP

Kate Hoey MP

Paddy Ashdown

Leanne Wood AM

Tim Martin (founder of Wetherspoon)

That's 3 "out" and 2 "in", which is interesting because when QT came to Scotland during the Independence referendum they either reduced the panel to 4, or increased it to 6 so there was balance.