:lol:

Dundee sit 4th in League One.

2014/2015 - Relegated to Championship

2015/2016 - 6th

2016/2017 - 9th

2017/2018 - 8th

2018/2019 - 8th

2019/2020 - 10th and relegated :lol:

Jim McInally is manager, and Gary Irvine is captain. Star players are Archie Campbell, someone called Chris Cadden, my fifth choice keeper and Lee Cameron. You also have an old guard, with 38 year old Kevin McNaughton, 36 year old Kirk Broadfoot, 35 year olds David Raven, Gary Irvine, Ross Wallace and Ian Black. You also have 34 year old Martin Scott.

McInally is your seventh manager. Its went like Hartley > Barry Smith > Kenny Shiels > Allan Johnston > Maurice Malpas > Jim McIntyre (who got you into League One) > Jim McInally.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very enjoyable read.

Wish I had the patience and interest to do this.

Keep it up mate.

Cheers! I'll let you know how Hibs get on once the seasons over, unless they get relegated, in which case I'll ignore them for your sake

Worst attempt ever.

:lol:

Why quote that post? :(

Not only does it remind me of darker days, it also reminds me i turned down the Killie job, months before a Slovakian billionaire bought over the club and gave the manager an absolute warchest

Why quote that post? :(

Not only does it remind me of darker days, it also reminds me i turned down the Killie job, months before a Slovakian billionaire bought over the club and gave the manager an absolute warchest

That must've been gutting tbh. I'd go insane over that

That must've been gutting tbh. I'd go insane over that

Happened again at West Brom. I got sacked and the new manager got a shit tonne to spend. Ended up with Dzeko up front. The dick.

What did you set your past playing experience to when you started the save?

Cant really remember, pretty sure i just went highest available to try and counter my complete inability to be good. Its also more realistic than a pub league player with no badges taking over a top Scottish club.

December

Untitled37_zps89fd22a1.png

Tremendous month really. City game absolutely destroyed the squad, and it showed against St Mirren as we couldn't last the ninety. A creditable draw with Celtic followed. Adam Rooney decided he was single handedly going to drag us to results this month though, so hopefully he can keep that up.

Untitled37_zps3af0cdb2.png

January

Untitled37_zps5b2fc3aa.png

A simply awful month. We played dreadfully in every single one and if we'd lost all five I couldn't have complained, thankfully other results went our way so we've remained in the title hunt. The one game we actually won was in the League Cup Semi. We move into the Final where we play Celtic.

Untitled37_zps5cde26ca.png

Somehow remain in a strong position, despite the awful month. Reaching the point of the season where Celtic seem to traditionally step up a level, so I'm hoping we can either keep up, or they fail to actually live up to what I'm expecting of them. Can't write off St Mirren either, who are being absolutely dredged into the race by the front line of Malonga and Griffiths.

A wee update for the Hibs and Dundee fans who were wondering about their teams earlier. Hibs now sit 8th, 5 points away from the play off and relegation spots. Dundee remain 4th in League 1, 8 points behind leaders Airdrie.

February

Untitled38_zps5cc6529b.png

Disappointing month in truth, as Celtic also lost two matches, so we've gained no ground on them at all. We play them three times next month aswell! In both cups and then at home in the league, which is a huge game. Started the month well with a stressful win over St Mirren, we cruised into a lead until the 75th minute when St Mirren scored, and then the last phase of the match was them peppering my box with crosses, amazed they didn't equalise tbh, Adam Rooney got a knock late on too so I was down to ten men. We then played a third string side against League Two Dumbarton and strolled into the next round. Rangers were dispatched fairly easily aswell, Tom Cairney absolutely ran the show. Against Inverness I took a gamble and put a half fit Rooney on the bench, luckily I needed him as Smith was absolutely brutal and couldn't finish numerous chances, Rooney came on and scored the only two he had. Not sure what happened against Dunfermline, we just struggled completely and ex-Don Shankland scored the winner. Bounced back against an horrific Saints with McLean scoring a screamer. We struggled against Partick though, yet they never really threatened us, so it took a free kick from everyones favourite midfielder Oliver Norwood to separate us.

Untitled38_zps6f466ef3.png

Still sit behind Celtic, who we play at Pittodrie in March. If we win then we have a chance, lose and its Celtics title. Draw doesn't really affect things since we'll meet them again after the split. My old club St Johnstone look doomed, they've easily been the worst side I've faced this season.

March

Untitled38_zpsb977d5a4.png

Untitled38_zpsd1cd0fb4.png

We won the important one, I suppose. Daniel Sturridge ripped me apart in the first half of the first game, getting two goals (he's now above thirty for the season). Thankfully switching my instruction to tackle him hard injured him, and ruled him out for the rest of the month, most cunning! It didn't help though, as his replacement Craig Wighton scored within minutes of the second game starting. We dominated the second half but Ryan Jack popped up with a late winner for Celtic. Final started well with a goal straight from kick off, Celtic equalised before we took the lead again. Wighton once again scored and we went into extra-time. Five minutes left and Celtics Stuart Armstrong picked up and injury and had to go off, so they went down to ten, and when it came to the penalties that proved decisive. Celtic missed their second, and we smashed all ours in until it reached Pawlett, a player I'd brought on in ET to take a penalty, and he bottled it over the bar. It then went to sudden death, and with Celtic being a man down it eventually came to their goalkeeper needing to score to keep them in it, and it was saved! So I win another trophy, finally! Alan Forrest was utterly sublime in this match, and got his first call up to the Scotland squad this month, joining Archer and Donaldson. The Falkirk game was a struggle but the ever reliable Rooney stole us the three points.

Untitled38_zps3b004536.png

Title race now rests with Celtic, and the post split results, think I'll need to win every game from now until the end to stand a chance. Starting to focus on finishing second, as that allows me into the Champions League Qualifiers, whereas third would be the Europa League.

Alan Forrest just scored on his Scotland debut :thumsup2

How does he turn out? I've got him on a 5 year deal at saints.

Nice one winning a trophy. I'm sure now you've won, one, you'll want more.

How does he turn out? I've got him on a 5 year deal at saints.

Nice one winning a trophy. I'm sure now you've won, one, you'll want more.

Easy you, its my third trophy in the this career. Got a Championship, League Cup and a Scottish Cup to my name.

And.....

Untitled38_zps2aadc360.png

He never really played regularly for the first couple of seasons, took until 2018/2019 before he played more than 20 games. He's absolutely electric though, and when he's on top form he'll just rip full backs apart. His crossing is far better than it looks too, as he's laid on hundreds of chances this season from them. Give him enough game time and he'll improve further than he has at me, as the previous manager barely gave him any starts.

Final Pre-Match split fixtures

Untitled39_zps91eae523.png

Adam Rooney is obscenely good. Thats all there is to say really.

Untitled39_zps40cf730a.png

Still in the title hunt, although I still expect we'll fail on that front. Four points clear of third though, which is very pleasing. The three way battle at the bottom will hopefully go to the last day, as Dunfermline play St Johnstone.

Untitled39_zpsb22b937f.png

Pretty glad to play Celtic first, although its annoyingly away. Three home games should see us picking up at least 7 points though, so we should finish second unless St Mirren turn into Barca. Knowing my luck they will, and they'll likely end up winning the league.

Post split results

Untitled39_zpsf69415e5.png

Sickening.

Untitled39_zpsefca3cdb.png

Won both manager of the year awards, which was nice. Creeping closer to the title.

Archived