Queens v Cowdenbeath

Guest TOPFITTER

5 hours later still just feel let down. The kids at half-time and the Lino antics only saving graces. Carry on like that kiss the play offs byebye :unsure:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot to mention the comedy double whammy of the lino sprawling all over the pitch after being hit by the ball. The dusting himself only for the ball to get lobbed back in rhe general direction for the throw, only to blunce off his bonce.

Forgot about that :lol:

Are we that keen to be on TV? You get the date/time of match changed, the crowd is reduced so gate money goes down and the TV money goes to the League not the 2 clubs. You might get some sponsorship/advertising uptake but wouldn't bank on it.

But you will surely be happy to not be shown once but get an equal share of the TV money so far.

Are we that keen to be on TV? You get the date/time of match changed, the crowd is reduced so gate money goes down and the TV money goes to the League not the 2 clubs. You might get some sponsorship/advertising uptake but wouldn't bank on it.

Hearts end sold out..totally make sense to be on the telly.

Thought Cowden played very well today and got tactics spot on. They had identified Queens weak spots with Dowie and Russell missing and continually played long balls into spaces behind full backs forcing centre halves out wide. They continued to closed down our players when we had the ball not allowing us time. Thought Wedderburn strolled the game dictating all the play and read the game well. When I first saw him I thought he was very well built for a centre half but showed a turn of speed and intelligence on the ball.

Again some of our one touch football was good but just lacked that final telling pass or pass went to no on. It was an open game with chances at both ends and both keepers pulled off good saves. I wonder if McShane and Carmichael still had injuries and that was what forced the changes. Lyle can still head a good ball and as someone else mentioned corners ere a lot more dangerous once Kev took them - seemed to be more pace on them

True in terms of the crowd being reduced etc.Would be good in terms of UK national coverage such as Sky.But if we are financially worse of for not being on TV then I certainly wouldn't be as keen,unless it was against the likes of Livingston where the crows are usually low

Just back in from the game couple of points I don't think Kidd is cut out for this level he had to be talked through the whole game from the sidelines he kept drifting in and offered no support to wee Danny in the first half he did a bit better second but still don't think he is cut out for the championship. What was the point in fowler waiting until KO in the second half to sub kiltie ,as kiltie came out he was speaking to fowler and I don't think he was injured. Thought kiltie had a very poor game but I ain't seen enough of him to say if he is better so unfair for me to say

One thing I've noticed since fowler took over is when we defend anything corners free kicks etc we bring everyone back therefore the opposition bring all there players into our box / edge of box, and if we get it out it comes straight back to us I'm a believer that we should leave one of our players forward which therefore drags two of there players back to watch him and it gives us a outball to take the pressure of us

Overall today we were poor and didn't deserve anything out of the match

I thought it was all shared out equally between the 10 clubs at the start of the season but could be wrong.

No it isn't - the TV money for SPFL run competitions goes into the total income pot of the SPFL - fixed percentage payments based on the total income pot are then distributed to each club depending on your final position between 1-42. TV thus produces revenue but it doesn't go to the clubs shown on TV or in a specific division other than by the 1-42 percentage distribution. Thus if team A finishes bottom of the Championship and are on TV say 10 times and conversely another side Team B finishes top without ever appearing on TV - team B ends up with more TV money.

No it isn't - the TV money for SPFL run competitions goes into the total income pot of the SPFL - fixed percentage payments based on the total income pot are then distributed to each club depending on your final position between 1-42. TV thus produces revenue but it doesn't go to the clubs shown on TV or in a specific division other than by the 1-42 percentage distribution. Thus if team A finishes bottom of the Championship and are on TV say 10 times and conversely another side Team B finishes top without ever appearing on TV - team B ends up with more TV money.

Well I'm kind of right, you have been shown zero times but are still getting some of the TV money.

True in terms of the crowd being reduced etc.Would be good in terms of UK national coverage such as Sky.But if we are financially worse of for not being on TV then I certainly wouldn't be as keen,unless it was against the likes of Livingston where the crows are usually low

But the crows are usually low cos they're eatin the dropped pies? They're normally in trees or on phone/power lines.

Too much drink again. Sorry.

Yes, completely the same. I was pleased when we signed him as he'd always impressed against us. He's been a huge disappointment though. He doesn't score enough and he doesn't hold it and play others in, nearly often enough.

We'll have him back if you don't want him. You can have Nade/Elliott in return. Take your pick.

Relegation play off final is always on Alba pal.

Meooooowwwwwwww.

Ooyah. 2 games. 2 Cowden wins. 2 qos defeats. But still got a superiority complex. U need to c a psychiatrist. Amazing.

Didn't see that result coming today. Thought we'd go down there and get a doing. First 10 minutes didn't make me change my mind when we couldn't get two passes together and Queens looked composed.

We grew into the game and the goal had been on the cards when it came.

Second half i thought we were managing the game OK and had great chances to put it to bed. Sutherland should be shot for the worst one on ones I've ever seen. He passed it back to the keeper FFS. When Queens equalised i thought here we go again but the game was so stretched we got another chance and Higgins showed how it should be done which capped a great performance from him.

TOB and Higgins were immense with Miller and Thomson not far behind them. Don't think Queens had any joy down our right all game. Its a worry though that Thomson is being mentioned so much both for his performances and his time wasting. Hughes going back to St. Mirren is no great loss. The boy hasn't got it I'm afraid but he did put a shift in. Think it was Hughes that cleared one off the line?

Shows we are a decent team with two up top and giving it a go. I think I'd rather keep Kudus than Gallacher. Surprised Sutherland got the nod at half time ahead of him.

One of the best games I've seen this season. Chances at either end and some good build up play from both teams. Queens defence is definitely ropey but when the have the ball they can move it forward quickly. Reminds me of Livi 2 or 3 seasons back when the passed it about really well and broke at pace. Both sides wasteful in the final third today though. Could have been a 3 or 4 all.

Queens stole a couple of draws from us last season so it was nice to nick a win today when a draw was probably a fair result.

Scenes after the Higgins goal. Grown men acting like kids on Christmas day was brilliant. Wonder how many Queens fans had left and never realised they lost until they got home.

Looking forward to the highlights.

Archived