Football breaks

gav-ffc

I don't know why but I really want to watch a football match in Vladivostok. Just watching a football match in a city overlooking Japan that effects European leagues makes my mind boggle.

Berlin was cracking for the football, the Olympiastadion is an amazing sight (although Hertha were utter shite and I wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated this season) and Union was a really enjoyable no thrills, lower league type experience.

No games on when I was there but not surprised to see Marshy recommend Hamburg. Went to see HSV's stadium and it was very impressive and spent just about every night in the St Pauli area (around the corner from Reeperbahn) and loved the place. If you can coordinate the dates to see HSV and St Pauli, it would be an excellent trip I'm sure. Although the latter also look good for relegation so you're looking at third tier football there.

Besiktas, or Galatasary are decent, Fernerbache was pretty boring.

The Budapest derbies between Ujpest and Ferencvaros used to be good.

Germany, Poland and Russia, are good for games. Vietnam and China pretty rotten.

A slightly rough and ready experience is probably the attraction in places like Hungary but Ujpest v Ferencvaros is one of those I genuinely would shite out of. The Ujpest game I went to was a fairly drab affair but the derbies look absolutely insane. Proper running the gauntlet going to one of them.

We're planning on going back to Germany next season at some point for a game. Already been to Frankfurt so want to go somewhere new.

Dortmund and Hamburg are the latest suggestions.

I'd go with Bremen. Easy to get tickets for, playing great this season. Nice stadium and they play in a smart green kit and play 500 miles when they score. I'm going to TUPE my support over.

We're planning on going back to Germany next season at some point for a game. Already been to Frankfurt so want to go somewhere new.

Dortmund and Hamburg are the latest suggestions.

Like I said, Dusseldorf is a good shout because of the close proximity to several different clubs, but we never spent too long in the city itself so I don't know how good it is.

Berlin is my favourite city I've been to and went to see Dynamo Berlin (who maybe have the most interested history of all German clubs) v Viktoria Berlin in some Berlin Cup game. One of the best games I've been to just for the atmosphere, even though there was 2,000 fans max.

Looks like I'm heading over to Mexico City at the start if April, and was hoping to take in the game at the Azteca between Club America and Cruz Azul on the 4th of April. Has anyone ever been to a game at the Azteca before? How did you go about getting tickets? I've had a look on their website, which annoyingly doesn't have an English option.

• 1 month later...

Slight twist,ive done the spanish grand prix and a espanyol/barca gane the last couple of years as long as its an evening kick off

Both grounds easy to get to from montmelo(where the grand prix is held) and a cracking city,top weekend for a group of lads

I'd recommend dortmund, decent beer garden near the ground. Saw them beat schalke 3-0 in February.

How did you get your tickets?

Munich is somewhere I would recommend, it really is a brilliant city. I go every year to see 1860 and have done for the past five years, it is always a great trip (even if 1860 are shite right now).

In supposed to be going to Freiburg-Mainz on Saturday but this French strike seems to be fucking things up.

Flying into Basel on Thursday. Contemplating just taking a hit and getting the ferry to Amsterdam over night then 6 hour train to Freiburg. Going to be around £220 for two but beats missing out when I've already spent a bit.

Archived