Looking for quality centre half to play national league in australia

Hey People,

I am the head coach (this is the manager in Australian terms) of a National Premier League team in Australia in NSW - this is the league below the A-League.

I am from Scotland and have built a team I think can compete for the title this year and looking for a quality centre back.

I am keen to hear from any players playing in lower division of Scotland perhaps division 1,2 or 3 or perhaps even a top notch junior player who fancies trying there luck donw here in Australia.

Is this the right forum to post on ?

I can offer about $200 a week and also a full time job - we train 3 nights a week .

Cheers

Graham

Sorry forgot to mention the team is called Adamstown Rosebud and here is a few snippets on teh club and a few of the players we have signed this year

We have a team of good youngsters and also some professional players with A league titles to their name and a striker who just won a title in ireland , we also have an ex scottish international striker likely to join us and just need a quality centre half to have a right go this year.

If you are an agent then please dont reply as not interested in paying agent fee's.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2548695/rosebud-sign-bates-musialik-for-2015-campaign/

You'd probably have more joy posting this in one of the lower league sub-forums? Rather than a forum containing complaints and suggestions regarding the site as a whole. Maybe contact a Mod and ask them to move it?

Maybe you'd be better emailing clubs direct and seeing if anyone is looking for an opportunity like this? It sounds like an amazing offer anyway.

I'd play for you but Australia scares me because there are lots of big things that can kill you.

Sounds like a great opportunity.

Only time I've played centre half though was in a 32-1 defeat in a Sunday league game a couple of weeks ago.

:lol:

Centre half, RB and CM talking here OP. Take me!!!! Not played for half a season and last time I did was in the Midlands Amateur league but I'm sure I'll manage to do a job for you over there?!?!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry forgot to mention the team is called Adamstown Rosebud and here is a few snippets on teh club and a few of the players we have signed this year

We have a team of good youngsters and also some professional players with A league titles to their name and a striker who just won a title in ireland , we also have an ex scottish international striker likely to join us and just need a quality centre half to have a right go this year.

If you are an agent then please dont reply as not interested in paying agent fee's.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2548695/rosebud-sign-bates-musialik-for-2015-campaign/

At least someone responded.....

Former Dundee United defender Garry Kenneth to move Down Under
By NEIL ROBERTSON, 12 January 2015 12.09pm.
Twitter
Email
  • image.jpgGarry Kenneth celebrates while playing for Dundee United.SNS Group

Former Dundee United and Scotland centre-half Garry Kenneth is set to move to Australia after agreeing a deal with Northern NSW National Premier League side Adamstown Rosebud.

The 27-year-old has struggled since suffering a serious knee injury while playing for Bristol Rovers at the start of 2013.

Last season he had an unsuccessful spell at Brechin and has recently been plying his trade in the Juniors with Carnoustie Panmure.

Now, he is looking to kick-start his career once again Down Under.

Kenneth said: “When the opportunity came up to play in Australia, it was a no-brainer really.

“I’ve got family there, my sister up in Brisbane, and when I spoke to them about coming out, they were very excited as well.

“It’s an opportunity to get myself back in the shop window and playing football at a decent standard again.”

Kenneth will fly out to Australia on March 2 to meet his new team-mates and prepare for the season ahead.

Archived