The Great Big Morton Thread

Great to have so much positivity around the place. Jim Duffy is our manager with or without your approval, so get behind him and the team. That's your job as a REAL supporter.

Whoosh :lol:

Ok answer me this:

What has Jim Duffy achieved at any football club to merit a job at a promotion chasing side?

What has Jim Duffy done since joining Morton to suggest he should be kept until the end of the season?

Where realistically do you see Morton finishing this season under Duffy?

Be very specific with your answers please.

Still waiting.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rae and Duffy are both failures Rae for his lack of ambition and putting the club in the state it is in due to mis management , and Duffy because the Spartans game was the last straw for me. And such my hard earned money will not be going into Morton until both are gone

Oops pardon me for not recognising that Duffy took over a promotion chasing team, I thought it was just five blokes who had one year left year on their contracts and were part of a bunch of itinerant mercenaries who had just been pumped 10 2, the nadir of a woeful season. Some five months on the team is two points behind the leaders abject failure indeed. Of course things are far from perfect, but there have been injuries and changes are still being made but get some sense of perspective, things take time. Unless of course you are VikingTon in front of that mirror!

Oops pardon me for not recognising that Duffy took over a promotion chasing team, I thought it was just five blokes who had one year left year on their contracts and were part of a bunch of itinerant mercenaries who had just been pumped 10 2, the nadir of a woeful season. Some five months on the team is two points behind the leaders abject failure indeed. Of course things are far from perfect, but there have been injuries and changes are still being made but get some sense of perspective, things take time. Unless of course you are VikingTon in front of that mirror!

No manager with half a brain would sign Crighton, Stef McLuskey and Lamie twice! The guy is useless. Tell us what he has done . I listen to his ranting at home games. Pathetic and laughable. The supporters in the stand are mocking him, and the players ignore him. I would rather that we had wee Moore instead of Duffy. It's astonishing that he is still conning some supporters. He's driving folk away. I have a season ticket, but I'm starting to miss games.

Great to have so much positivity around the place. Jim Duffy is our manager with or without your approval, so get behind him and the team. That's your job as a REAL supporter.

Bullshit! Who are you to say who is real and who is not! Supporters are customers. As customers, we have every right to reject the quality of the goods on sale.

Long time since I attended a training session but would expect Hagi to lead most sessions with the help of Hoppie and Wylie. Why on earth do you assume that GMFC employs 21 coaches if they do not have a voice and some input. Quite happy to accept that the goals conceded on Saturday are clear evidence of woeful defending down to a mix of zonal marking and players not getting tight enough but that is not all down to JD . A muppet like litany of abuse really is tedious.

Absolute nonsense as expected.

I can see why you might not like those signings as individual players but equally I can see how they might fit into the system Duffy and his team have in mind , aif they were able to perform to expectations. All managers and their assistants will get things wrong as they try to build. Even Man U are aware that it will take them at least 5 years to get to Champions League contenders. Have some patience after all if you had all succeeded in hounding JD into signing an unfit Mark Millar there may have been no funds to get Dece on loan.

I can see why you might not like those signings as individual players but equally I can see how they might fit into the system Duffy and his team have in mind , aif they were able to perform to expectations. All managers and their assistants will get things wrong as they try to build. Even Man U are aware that it will take them at least 5 years to get to Champions League contenders. Have some patience after all if you had all succeeded in hounding JD into signing an unfit Mark Millar there may have been no funds to get Dece on loan.

Absolute nonsense. Not signing Lamie would have kept money to sign a decent player. McManus replacement should be joining up on Monday. A good manager would recognise the need for this.

No answer to all that garbage, so I won't waste my time, the odd nice word though.

I assume you are an Aitken supporter.

Let's see what he has achieved 5 years from now.

Very little I suspect.

Nope would aspire. to someone a bit better than SA, Neil Warnock is available now---stands back waits for the reaction

No answer to all that garbage, so I won't waste my time, the odd nice word though.

I assume you are an Aitken supporter.

Let's see what he has achieved 5 years from now.

Very little I suspect.

Stevie Aitken has literally nothing to do with anything I said in that post. However, it's strange that you brought him up and you're talking about his achievements, seen as he's achieving more with Stranraer than Duffy is with Morton right now. Hardly works as a defence of Duffy.

Anyway as I said, Aitken's irrelevant to my original point. You want to talk about what managers have achieved, could you list Jim Duffy's achievements as a manager?

'Kin hell, we must have the biggest percentage of happy clapping trolls of any team on this particular part of the forum and I'm sure I saw most of them sitting in front of me last Saturday at Stirling.

Let's be honest, we are absolutely awful to watch and scraping results against part-time teams who dominate us for 75 min is embarrassing.

If you want to happy clap and defend this season's Morton team, I fear for your mental health.

'Kin hell, we must have the biggest percentage of happy clapping trolls of any team on this particular part of the forum and I'm sure I saw most of them sitting in front of me last Saturday at Stirling.

Let's be honest, we are absolutely awful to watch and scraping results against part-time teams who dominate us for 75 min is embarrassing.

If you want to happy clap and defend this season's Morton team, I fear for your mental health.[/quot

We "happy clappers" are well aware that everything at GMFC, including the current team and the quality of the product on the pitch , is far from perfect. We are though sick to the back teeth with the constant destructive criticism, particularly of JD and a few players by Lord Snooty and the Bash JD Street kids which when challenged followed by the sort of inane put down you have just used. Perhaps if you actually constructed an argument and an improvement plan we might get somewhere.

Branch Ton, on 01 Jan 2015 - 08:26, said:

We "happy clappers" are well aware that everything at GMFC, including the current team and the quality of the product on the pitch , is far from perfect. We are though sick to the back teeth with the constant destructive criticism, particularly of JD and a few players by Lord Snooty and the Bash JD Street kids which when challenged followed by the sort of inane put down you have just used. Perhaps if you actually constructed an argument and an improvement plan we might get somewhere.

Hmm.

If you want to happy clap and defend this season's Morton team, I fear for your mental health.[/quot

I get a bit fed up with the constant vitriol against JD - BUT -

I entirely agree with Central's highlighted comment.

The argument is plain for all to see. Either the Rae family re-commits to the nurture of its adopted child or it should be taken into care.

Seek help.

Archived