The Great Big Morton Thread

I get a bit fed up with the constant vitriol against JD - BUT -

I entirely agree with Central's highlighted comment.

The argument is plain for all to see. Either the Rae family re-commits to the nurture of its adopted child or it should be taken into care.

Sadly for GMFC the Rae family is all that we have. The club is not a financially viable proposition. The Rae' can use the losses to reduce Golden Cascade' s corporation tax bill so that for every £100 k loss Golden Cascade pay £28k less tax. A stand alone newco is going to have to fund the full £100k not £72k as well as source the new debt to go with it. So if you want a part time club with no development programme run by one part time guy, go ahead keep whinging and being as objectionable as you can to your benefactors. If I were putting up the money I would pick who I like as manger not who some ranting morons would favour.

Or maybe you Lord Snotty and the JD Bash street boys are good for the buy out fund?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly for GMFC the Rae family is all that we have. The club is not a financially viable proposition. The Rae' can use the losses to reduce Golden Cascade' s corporation tax bill so that for every £100 k loss Golden Cascade pay £28k less tax. A stand alone newco is going to have to fund the full £100k not £72k as well as source the new debt to go with it. So if you want a part time club with no development programme run by one part time guy, go ahead keep whinging and being as objectionable as you can to your benefactors. If I were putting up the money I would pick who I like as manger not who some ranting morons would favour.

Or maybe you Lord Snotty and the JD Bash street boys are good for the buy out fund?

Which is a direct consequence of thirteen years of mismanagement by Rae. He is wholly responsible for that and he is doing nothing to rectify it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh dear - seems you too enjoy the taste of the Saviour's bahookie! :wub:

Entirely agree. Last year's debacle clearly typifies that but at least he is still putting his hand in his pocket. No alternative as I see it, the ex VAT fraudsters don't look a realistic prospect at the moment.

Entirely agree. Last year's debacle clearly typifies that but at least he is still putting his hand in his pocket. No alternative as I see it, the ex VAT fraudsters don't look a realistic prospect at the moment.

Make up your mind! Benefactors do GOOD. The Rae family has ruined GMFC. You may well be correct about the absence of obvious interest, but unless they have a change of heart they are merely flogging the horse they destroyed with their improvidence. There's a cloak and dagger aspect to the GMFC boardroom - evidenced only yesterday by a bizarre posting on this forum. Where is St. Nicholas when we need him? :shutup

The horse has been knackered for decades. You seem to want to turn it into glue as soon as possible. We happy clappers want to keep it going as long as possible until a miracle cure is found. Both equally sad visions but ours I think has a tiny prospect of success. Endless whinging, bitching and attacking other's views without any objectivity will get you nowhere. You don't whip an old dog to get it to do new tricks. In this case giving it a sweetie probably won't work either!

The horse has been knackered for decades. You seem to want to turn it into glue as soon as possible. We happy clappers want to keep it going as long as possible until a miracle cure is found. Both equally sad visions but ours I think has a tiny prospect of success. Endless whinging, bitching and attacking other's views without any objectivity will get you nowhere. You don't whip an old dog to get it to do new tricks. In this case giving it a sweetie probably won't work either!

There's no 'miracle cure' for the current regime.

Endless whinging, bitching, and attacking others views are symptoms of thirteen years of arrogant detachment from the paying customer.

Like yourself, I don't hold out much hope for improvement in the near future but it's certainly not going to come by continuing to pander to the ichthyotic Raes.

So when Rae snuffs it where do Morton stand?

Same as for Golden Cascade, whoever inherits the controlling interest in that.. Now if I were Dougie and read some of the rants on hear I would seriously think of hiving of GMFC into a newco and will the shares in that to JD.

Same as for Golden Cascade, whoever inherits the controlling interest in that.. Now if I were Dougie and read some of the rants on hear I would seriously think of hiving of GMFC into a newco and will the shares in that to JD.

You're NOT? :lol:

Sorry to break your bubble Nickhead, but nearly 40 of 42 league clubs are entirely sustainable enterprises; the Raes have had a decade to achieve a similar outcome at Morton, have failed spectacularly and are now saddling a third tier club with £2 million of debt.

Sorry to burst your bubble Nickhead, but nearly 40 of 42 league clubs are entirely sustainable enterprises; the Raes have had a decade to achieve a similar outcome at Morton, have failed spectacularly and are now saddling a third tier club with £2 million of debt.

They are the problem and most certainly not the solution.

Erm no he hasn't. He hasn't "put his hand in his pocket" for years, hence a £2 million debt to his company, owed by the club.

The club will lose at least £300k once last season's shambles enters onto the accounts, and this will go straight to the GC debt pile. That is not funding by a benefactor.

So when Rae snuffs it where do Morton stand?

Well we'd have a £2 million debt owed to the family company, which people assume will be owned by the golf-loving, football-disinterested eldest son. Though given it isn't the 1870s I can't see the entire family inheritance being handed down so smoothly.

At some stage he will chuck it and try to call in the debt to the family company, run up by the family company. The continued arse licking of the Raes given this obvious outcome is pathetic.

My my what a stunning intellect you display. Have you thought about entering MasterbaterMind?

Please for the love of god, stop posting. Absolutely dreadful patter, I get a red face for you every time I read one of your comments.

Archived