Your favourite goal of 2014

CM.

Merry christmas everyone! What was your favourite goal of 2014? Taking into consideration the strike itself, how it influenced the game and any #scenes following it.

Mine would be Alim Ozturk for Hearts at Easter Rd. Hibs 1-0 up against 10 men in injury time, Ozturk recieves the ball about 40 yards out and just whallops it in off the underside of the bar. Belter of a strike to maintain the unbeaten run and send the Hearts fans into utter pandemonium. Enjoyed Robbie Neilsons celebrations on the touchline too!

Not far behind would be Sergio Ramos last gasp equaliser in the Madrid champions league final. They just kept going and going and going and eventually got the reward. Of course they would go on and win comfortably in extra time.

Loved all the Scotland goals as I was at all the games, the Anya one in Dortmund was just unreal for they few minutes that was probably my favourite. Maloneys not far behind. The WC provided a few screamers as did Luis Suarez, on a purely neutral basis though my favourite to watch was Hamiltons last minute winner v Hibs in the play offs, the definition of #scenes and why football is such an amazing game. I enjoyed that one the most as a neutral for those reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQb29yhtZE
Easy one for me. There is nothing more fun than seeing 16,000 Rangers fans streaming to the exits as you humiliate their club with a goal from a player who'd not long rejoined the club. Baird might have moved on, but he'll always remain a favourite of mine.

Agreeing with the OP as well.

Seeing the usually cool, calm and collected Robbie Neilson losing his shit for a few seconds highlights how big a moment it was.

From a Clyde point of view, Scott Ferguson putting us ahead on aggregate against East Fife at Bayview in the play-off second leg was probably my favourite. Not celebrated a Clyde goal like that in years.

Some absolute scenes at Maloney's pinger against Ireland too.

Archived