British Xmas TV

Colkitto

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also get an entire channel dedicated to Scottish programming in a language not spoken outside of Scotland.

Considering England make up the majority of the country I think very little of the BBC programming is relevant to England only. I struggle to understand how the beginning of democracy in the parliament which has now become our parliament is in no way relevant to Scotland anyway.

Are you suggesting that every time any history that occurred prior to the Act of Union shouldn't be shown in Scotland, because it didn't happen in the entirety of the country therefore isn't 'relevant' to everyone? Instead of Wolf Hall Scottish viewers could be treated to 'James I of Scotland's poetry hour'?

Yer a strange one Jmo

I see Outlander has brought £40m to the Scottish film industry. Series based in Scotland during the 1740's leading up to the Jacobite Uprising of 1745.

Funnily enough it's not shown in Scotland or anywhere else in the UK. Probably no room in the TV schedule for the English costume drama's I suppose....

I see Outlander has brought £40m to the Scottish film industry. Series based in Scotland during the 1740's leading up to the Jacobite Uprising of 1745.

Funnily enough it's not shown in Scotland or anywhere else in the UK. Probably no room in the TV schedule for the English costume drama's I suppose....

Thankfully they won't make room in the UK schedules for this sentimentalist horse shit, it's fit only for those who would prefer to inhabit an imagined past rather than deal with present day realities.

Thankfully they won't make room in the UK schedules for this sentimentalist horse shit, it's fit only for those who would prefer to inhabit an imagined past rather than deal with present day realities.

Are you talking about Outlander or the multitude of programmes about the Tudors?

Does Neil Oliver present programmes on English costume dramas?

Are you talking about Outlander or the multitude of programmes about the Tudors?

Both, but the romanticised 'will ye no come back again' nonsense surrounding the Polish pretender in particular. A cowardly tyrant, every bit as bad as any Tudor.

Both, but the romanticised 'will ye no come back again' nonsense surrounding the Polish pretender in particular. A cowardly tyrant, every bit as bad as any Tudor.

If you are referring to Charles Edward Stuart then he was born in Italy. But we'll put your ignorance down to the lack of Scottish history programmes on our screens.

If you are referring to Charles Edward Stuart then he was born in Italy. But we'll put your ignorance down to the lack of Scottish history programmes on our screens.

'Polish pretender' has a better alliterative ring, and he did have Polish ancestry, however if you want to split hairs I'll call him the 'Italian impostor'. And he's more to do with British history than just Scottish. He believed after all that he had a divine right to the UK throne.

'Polish pretender' has a better alliterative ring, and he did have Polish ancestry, however if you want to split hairs I'll call him the 'Italian impostor'. And he's more to do with British history than just Scottish. He believed after all that he had a divine right to the UK throne.

No, lets say you got it completely wrong!

You remember him on TV a lot but don't remember what kind of programmes? :1eye

I'm asking if you know...

What kind of programmes does Neil oliver present ? Gardening? Cookery ?

No, just pointing out you haven't a fucking clue about history

Now that's not very nice. :bairn Born in Italy with Polish ancestry. Not much Scottish about him I think, but enough supposedly for mug Highlanders to support his failed attempt to rule Britain. :lol:

Now that's not very nice. :bairn Born in Italy with Polish ancestry. Not much Scottish about him I think, but enough supposedly for mug Highlanders to support his failed attempt to rule Britain. :lol:

So we just forget about his Scottish ancestry and concentrate on the Polish side.... ;)

Archived