ARFC v AAFC

Aren't you keen on Squib, Vic?

Scottish football's angry wee man with a proven track record in the lower leagues although I do think he left his better days behind at Central Park. Had a good season so far should have scored more - was culpable against Berwick in the cup replay. For one on one situations give me Chappy which I suppose is stating the bleedin obvious.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish football's angry wee man with a proven track record in the lower leagues although I do think he left his better days behind at Central Park. Had a good season so far should have scored more - was culpable against Berwick in the cup replay. For one on one situations give me Chappy which I suppose is stating the bleedin obvious.

As an angry wee man myself, I know what you mean. I was underwhelmed at the news of his signing for us, but have been pleasantly surprised. He was rotten in the Berwick replay - who wasn't, on that miserable night? But he's been mostly excellent - a goal threat himself and a good team player. And I admire him for sticking at it on Saturday when others may have let their heads drop.

Have been impressed by Turnbull. With him making the bench last weekend, it looks like he's almost ready to regain his left-back role. Vers could do worse than push Mullin up to the left-side of midfield............

Mullin has had a few good games but he wouldn't be in my first eleven, and he's never a left-sided player- as proven by his spell in the number 3 shirt. I hate to cause controversy, Bairnito, but Phillips would fit into the LB role more naturally than Mullin. With a bit of luck, though, it'll be neither of them and the mirror image of Alan Reid will be back to complete the Coatbridge Clean Sheet Machine.

Mullin has had a few good games but he wouldn't be in my first eleven, and he's never a left-sided player- as proven by his spell in the number 3 shirt. I hate to cause controversy, Bairnito, but Phillips would fit into the LB role more naturally than Mullin. With a bit of luck, though, it'll be neither of them and the mirror image of Alan Reid will be back to complete the Coatbridge Clean Sheet Machine.

The thought of Gary Phillips at LB gives me the fear, the boy cant tackle and for that reason alone i would rather we kept Mullin at left back when Turnbull is injured.

Given the importance of the game this weekend i think the management will take a chance on Turnbull and put him back in the starting line up.

No controversy at all Albi. Football is all about opinions, and we all have em.

On form over the last twelve months, I wouldn't have T.I.M. anywhere near the starting line-up, either at left-back or left midfield. Mr Young obviously would, and he's the manager and I'm not.

To give Phillips a fair trial, I have to protest that he's had some good games in holding midfield, the important 2-1 Arbroath game being one of them. It's true that his form in the middle of the park has been shaky at best, but Gary is a left-sided player, something Josh Mullin is clearly not- that's why I'd prefer him at LB. Ally Love would be another option.

The guy who played LB in our greatest individual game in recent years is still at the club, kicking his heels. Not sure if he'd be up to handling Bobby Linn, mind. Remember, also, that Alan Reid started with us as a LB - would swapping Mullin and Reid be an idea?

The guy who played LB in our greatest individual game in recent years is still at the club, kicking his heels. Not sure if he'd be up to handling Bobby Linn, mind.

Not sure about him at left back, but he could fill the holding midfield role with Phillips moving to LB. He was very effective in that position last season with Mick and Ross D behind him and Chaplain and Cusack in front of him- especially in the big games.

The club captain didn't let the team down in the holding midfield role earlier this season, but has been benched for the last few weeks, making the occasional five minute appearance as sub. He'd do a good job as the holding midfielder (was excellent in that role in the QP cup win). Him in the holding role and Love? on the left.......

To be fair (why?why?) T.I.M. had his best game this season in the QP cup win :o

Archived