Girvan

Bigeye

Nae money n nae players. It's a shame cos the commitee are a cracking lot and I always end up havin a good wee day/swally when I'm down there. Winton were there about 5 weeks ago and the team was mainly young players around 16 that had been drafted in.

Entry level also requires many other things such as a boundary wall, a toilet block, suitable dressing rooms and cover for 100 spectators. They may have some of those in place, but I suspect they don`t have all of them without spending significant sums of money. The guy who was looking after licensing issues for them used to post here (Youngo?), and would know way more than I do obviously, but from the outside looking in it looks as if the end of SFA handouts for non-licensed full members has probably had a major impact on their finances and they may not be in a position to get entry level as a result even with their preferential access to SFA grants that all other junior clubs had no access to.

Rumour has it that Girvan have money available for next year and will appoint a manager in the next couple of months to help get a brand new team for next season to try challenge for promotion.

Did they not try that last season with Kearney ???

This season was always going to be a right off and what this season has given us though is a couple young players being introduced to the junior game and next season will be a benefit to the club but mostly them, the club will build from the bottom and hopefully when a new manager is appointed he and the board can start the building process

Peter Leonard been mentioned a good few times now

Peter would be a fantastic appointment ...

Great club and I'm sure they will take their time and get it right after the turmoil of recent years when making the wrong decisions on the managerial front.

We played them a few weeks ago and they have some good young boys there ... But these things take time as there is no magic formula.

I also heard Mr Leonard was being asked to take over.

They would need a lot of money to try and attract the players down there especially if they wanted to gain promotion. I just can't see them achieving that next year unless they get someone like Peter in and he spends a lot of money.

Anyone with any common decency would not wish thsee kind of things to happen to any junior club,hope they get through this season and regroup an comeback stronger !

here here! I wish girvan every success and get through this tough period and still here for many years to come as a junior club

Archived