Good news for Ashfield at last.

RobRoyGuy

we didn't have a pot of gold, we made the right appointments and added to a good team (same local side that won the super first were the same that almost got relegated the year before and made up the basis of the cup winning team)

Yes local business men have been involved and will continue to be, however like any sucessful business they aren't pissing money away, they use their skills, trades and contacts to benefit their local club. You'd need to ask them yourself but I don't think anyone expected Hurlford to get as successfully as quick. New links established with the community and perhaps have the fastest growing supporter base in Scottish semi professional football. so for all the hate for Hurlford you go on about Rob Roy Guy, your perhaps blinding yourself to the fact a pot of gold does little, it's the right people and the right vision that make something successful.

Ashfield appear to have 2 such people involved and wish the club the very best.

You so remind me of someone else who posted on here until recently. Just can't put my finger on who. And to think certain people were always going on about multiple user names. Tut tut.

Anyway been a good few years since I seen Ashfield play, the pictures look superb. What an improvement from what my old mind remembers.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope not the boy parker, try again

Any chance of not bringing your boring hurlford pish onto a decent thread about ashfield . Thank you

Yes its great News about the Ashfield i have not been to see the stadium yet just pictures, i am looking forward to seeing it, Thanks people for the kind words.

Good luck mate . New start for you guys . Sure you can rebuild and do well once more.

lol aye signing players from premiership and championship level use were always gonnie struggle haha. Wit planet u on? Aw the best 2 Hurlford btw I hope use keep up the good work n don't misuse the x amount of money use have. Blair park looks alot better now than it did the first time I wis there

shame they can't play a game on it when it's spitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Ashfield v Wishaw at St. Roch's this Wednesday, still no sign of Ashfield returning home. Heard from a very good source that at the moment nobody from Ashfield even has a key to get in to the ground, which is slightly worrying imo.

how did they get in there in the first place - given that they played on the saturday - away, trained on the monday/wednesday both away from the stadium and knew they had a game on the saturday. Why was the first excuse no ground, then accepted the swap, and the day before the game said they had no stuff at all. Started with no strips - wishaw offerred strips, then no boots - A poor excuse! and the SJFA were out of order accepting this when a simple check of the suspensions would have revealed more than enough information! If they beat Wishaw on Wednesday it is a scandal in junior football yet again!

how did they get in there in the first place - given that they played on the saturday - away, trained on the monday/wednesday both away from the stadium and knew they had a game on the saturday. Why was the first excuse no ground, then accepted the swap, and the day before the game said they had no stuff at all. Started with no strips - wishaw offerred strips, then no boots - A poor excuse! and the SJFA were out of order accepting this when a simple check of the suspensions would have revealed more than enough information! If they beat Wishaw on Wednesday it is a scandal in junior football yet again!

Eeerrmmmm. ...It was the Saturday boots in there.

So they dont train at the ground but the players go back to a ground that they dont have access too, to drop of their boots on a wednesday and then collect them on a saturday for a game that was swapped to be an away game? Or they take their boots back on a wednesday to collect them on a saturday for a game to be played at a different venue as their stadium isn't ready - For the sake of everyones sanity just admit that they used a flimsy excuse that the SJFA West bought to get out of playing this game - very surprising that it was the same game with their suspensions - Come on no-one other than the SJFA west bought their excuse and they brought the game into disrepute by their actions!

So they dont train at the ground but the players go back to a ground that they dont have access too, to drop of their boots on a wednesday and then collect them on a saturday for a game that was swapped to be an away game? Or they take their boots back on a wednesday to collect them on a saturday for a game to be played at a different venue as their stadium isn't ready - For the sake of everyones sanity just admit that they used a flimsy excuse that the SJFA West bought to get out of playing this game - very surprising that it was the same game with their suspensions - Come on no-one other than the SJFA west bought their excuse and they brought the game into disrepute by their actions!

They were the wrong colour and didn't match the Wishy strips,

Nobody said the arrangement was perfect. ^_^

Archived