Big Full-Time Super Ayr United (9th) vs Wee Part-Time Stranraer (1st)

Easily along with stenny game one of our worst performances of the season but we won 2-0. The return of Gibson should make a difference in our future games. You could see us getting better when longworth and Gibson came on.

We've played rotten away from home and got in the end a comfortable win. Keep those results coming.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ayr United media post is the most alarming thing I've read concerning ayr United. I know what they're trying to do but really if it's come to this I'm not prepared for it. God help us

Is that the 'good performance from Ayr United' post? Most of us have forgotten what a good performance from Ayr United looks like.

Is that the 'good performance from Ayr United' post? Most of us have forgotten what a good performance from Ayr United looks like.

I guess this relates to young buck's weird hatred of Robbie Crawford.

Looking forward to a wee trip up the A77, with the chance to get back to winning ways against a stuttering, managerless Ayr United side. We seem to enjoy ourselves at Somerset Park, but last week's showing against Stenhousemuir was a reminder that anyone can beat anyone in this league, and nothing should be taken for granted.

Chortlage. It won't last forever, but your post is a refreshing tonic (not that kind).

AuMedia quote "Good performance by Ayr but not quite there yet. Best game for a while"

and we wont be there for a while yet. New broom and a more professional mindset needed at Somerset before we see change. All our new manager is required to do at this time is keep us in this League. Anything else is a bonus. Lets start afresh next season.

I realise being part-time means releasing deficient substitute team sheets, i.e. we don't have enough chaps to fill a pitch + spares.. but given that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30609269

Have Ayr United really not got enough full-time players? (not a dig btw, just a query).

I realise being part-time means releasing deficient substitute team sheets, i.e. we don't have enough chaps to fill a pitch + spares.. but given that...

Have Ayr United really not got enough full-time players? (not a dig btw, just a query).

We do have about 4000 injuries at the moment.

I was flattered until you got entirely the wrong person.

My apologies.

I think out of the starting line-up yesterday 6 players are full time: Devlin, Donald, McLaughlin, Crawford, Forrest and McKenzie (who at 17 was making his first start). Not sure about Hutton and Donnelly.

Three players out injured, one suspended, three youngsters out on loan in the Juniors - still a sorry state of affairs not to name seven subs.

Highlights confirm Stranraer no 3 should have been sent off. Both goals were just too soft though. If Murphy and Campbell are out long term we need 2 centre backs ASAP. If we defend properly we might actually give ourselves a chance of winning a game. Good to see Crawford back in midfield - Cheerio Brian Gilmour!

Even though it was another defeat the manner of our play today was definitely better. So many players out of position today, ( playing your striker as a centre half tops it all really) was never going to help but still a few positive signs though. Crawford and McKenzie in particular were our best two players and provided a bit of physicality that we've been lacking for so long. Hope Robbie can keep this level of performance up.

Donnelly's link up play is good but as long as he comes deep to do this will never get us the goals we need. Time to get Nesbit back from Cumnock.

Highlights confirm he shouldn't have been sent off. Didn't slice him in two with his legs like I thought at the time. More upper body collision. You can see Russell holding his face as well. Definitely booking for being a clumsy and mistimed tackle. If he Had lifted him up in the air with both legs clattering him aye Def red but he clearly didn't.

Archived