Well v Dons Sky football Special 4/1/15

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply not true. Saving shots is his job. The team's job is dealing with crosses (or stopping them in the first place). It is much easier to defend when you KNOW the keeper is not coming, the problem is if you are not sure. Dan is not rated liked because he doesn't look right. He had a couple of great saves today and is no way 'our problem'.

Wtf? There's so much more to a keeper's game than stopping shots it's unreal. Have a word.

Pretty much. Now he's stopped letting shots go over his head, that's nice.

Honestly though, Kerr. I thought he'd been unlucky, and improving, and maybe just needed a run. Nah, he's absolutely w**k.

I am actually starting to agree

Ash Taylor again an absolute rock in the defence today, for a big guy he's actually quite quick.

I'd argue that he is quick, John Sutton matched him at least twice.

Personally didn't think we were at our best today but had more than enough to deal with Motherwell. We did look tired at times in midfield and perhaps could have done with Flood and Smith on a little but earlier.

Once again we created a number of chances and failed to take them. It would be nice to kill teams off earlier in games that we are dominant in but it is great that we are continuing to create chances in games.

Defensively we were solid again with Reynolds, Taylor and Considine having fine games.

As with earlier in the season, I must comment that Motherwell are up their with Ross County as the poorest team we have faced this season. Defensively shambolic, short in the midfield, static up front and looked very disjointed. At times their passing was very scrappy and only threatened to come alive when the young kids came on. I expected more of a reaction but fair play to us, did more than enough on the day to deserve a 2-0 win.

Wtf? There's so much more to a keeper's game than stopping shots it's unreal. Have a word.

Yeah, I know. Vodka haze not getting my point over. Last season, a major problem for us was indecision with our defence and the goalies. Not an issue this year - we know he's not coming for a cross. Our defenders are happier with this (so they say). It's a Motherwell thing. Go away.

A word? Today's favourite is 'defenestration'. Using a TV with Sportscene.

(typed through a bigger vodka haze!)

We have yet to properly click this season but when we do our goal difference is going to rocket. Regardless of Motherwell form fir park is never an easy venue so I'm delighted with three points. After a sluggish start we seen to be having a fergie esque xmas run of form.....

You can't polish a turd fella. I doubt we will see much of what Barraclough can do other than bring the youngsters through to the end of the season and and how he operates in the transfer market in the summer.

Oh really???

If a player has positioned himself on the goal line with the intention of blocking a shot, then surely any contact with the arm is, by definition, deliberate?

So therefore the only failsafe way of a defending player ensuring he does not get red carded is to make sure they are not on the goal line? A bit OTT surely

Overall Aberdeen deserved their victory and in truth it should have been by 3/4 goals but for some bad finishing. Its the first time I've seen them this season and I was very impressed. In some ways like our side of the past 2/3 years, but not this year. Ok they're not fancy or full of flair but they are solid, make few mistakes, close teams down efficiently and competently and are well organised.

For our part we played poorly and without organisation or confidence for 70 minutes and posed zero threat. It was only when Dom Thomas came on that we looked like doing something. Why did he not start or come on earlier? Thought 17 year old Luke Watt played well after a shaky opening spell, despite being out of position. Few other positives for us.

I'd be surprised if anyone apart from Gollum who thought that was a penalty. Of course our players appealed for it but that's what you do.

Great run we're on and such a good defensive record. It still doesn't make me comfortable when we are 1-0 up in games but it really should.

Lasley is still an utter c**t of Goodwin proportions.

McInnes said in the black and gold meeting last season that all the club agreed with refs supervisor that hand ball on the line doesn't need to be deliberate to be a sending off/pen.

Motherwell was pretty poor, didn't trouble us much at all although didn't like us sitting back in the 2nd half but I suppose with speed of our attacks it was set-up to hit on the counter.

Archived