When a stadium dies...

stumigoo

The Silverdome isn't technically a football stadium but it did host the World Cup and some old-MLS matches. It has been empty since 2010 and if you like abandoned buildings this is pretty amazing (but also a bit sad).

enhanced-buzz-wide-441-1418676917-12.jpg

enhanced-buzz-wide-18758-1418676911-11.j

You can see a few more images of the stadium here (yet another shameless blog link, sorry).

Noticed that on Twitter the other week, as it was the home of WrestleMania 3.

9324750_large.jpg

On a more Scottish note, found this video before of Firs Park and what it's like nowadays -

Shire was one of my favourite places to go, only went a few times but loved the place. Real character. Shane to see it like that, ochilviews pish in comparison.

Telegraph column on it with a bit more info (sorry to take away from your blog chief).

Amazing how quickly it went to shit.

Aye cheers for that! Haha. I read the article as I was writing it but I was more interested in the pictures.

What happened to the 'roof'?

Did they knock it off or did it just collapse?

The roof collapsed over time due to weather etc.

Darlingtons ground is now long gone I believe. That massive stadium is now being used by an amateur rugby team as well.

Wonder how long it will be before you see Hereford Uniteds ground go that way.

Here's Scarborough fc' ground

post-38578-14202251947529_thumb.jpg

The Silverdome isn't technically a football stadium but it did host the World Cup and some old-MLS matches. It has been empty since 2010 and if you like abandoned buildings this is pretty amazing (but also a bit sad).

You can see a few more images of the stadium here (yet another shameless blog link, sorry).

Hulk Hogan is said to be gutted

Hulk Hogan is said to be gutted

Archived