Rangers v Heart of Midlothian, 05/04/2015 (Match Rescheduled)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some 800 miles further, just to see the Gers eh!? WATP

Local team? Rangers are my local team, yep we're in a proper mess, but we'll still continue to draw our support from far and wide!!

We are Rangers, super Rangers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The lack of police presence was a fucking joke and the clubs should be asking why this was the case.

Because Rangers/Celtic were involved.

Its apparently known as 'Passive policing'.

Otherwise known as 'Shitebaggery'.

Stewards (rightly) get alot of criticism, but the shouldn't be left to deal with that.

Surely we are beyond the stage where even the "media" can keep telling us this mob are "good for Scottish football". Shut them down and get rid of them once and for all.

You do realise that the neds will still exist, right?

Actually I doubt you've put much thought into that.

I get what you're saying, but from the video the few who look as if they are (half-heartedly) going over the barrier know fine well that they will not get to the other side before being stopped.

Its all show.

To me, it was like the tv programme the other day. The fascists goading and giving it the big un to the Muslims, knowing fine well neither side will get through the police cordon.

Crowd segregation prevents the worst kind of arsehole behaviour but positively encourages more minor varieties of bawbaggery

You do realise that the neds will still exist, right?

Actually I doubt you've put much thought into that.

What has that got to do with anything? These scumbags will still exist but "what's left of Scottish football" can get on fine without them.

Rangers fans may have been worse and more in numbers but from people at game Hearts fans were not completely innocent in this.

A case of Rangers Scum 2 Hearts Scum 1

Not in any way trying to defend the Orcs, but it's good to see a wee bit objectivity here.

After the SC semi-final last year I didn't see any serious trouble but there was a lot of shouting and gesticulating. The United fans were every certainly as much to blame for goading the Govan hoards.

Of course assaulting people and chucking bricks at busses, as has been alledged, is in a totally different category of vile behaviour.

A few points.

If the pitch was fine and I agree it was then why didn't the clear it?

We left early and arrived in Glasgow at 6.35 and waited in the car for the 7.00 inspection. On hearing it was game on we walked over and the snow had now went off completely.

We got into the ground at about 10 past and at this point there were no ground staff out and the all the snow that they did clear had been moved and the players were attempting (without much luck) to pass the ball around. It was clear at this point that if the game was played it would be a complete farce.

Here's a picture taken at about that time:

Now if they had managed to completely clear the areas that they had in the short period of time that they did, why didn't they attempt to clear anymore in the next 30 minutes before kick off?

Why didn't they ask for a short postponement? This could have also helped some more of the many fans who were stuck on their way to the game. If it's purely down to the broadcaster enforcing a kick off time I would say they need to be spoken to about it as forcing the game to go ahead made their show look a farce as well.

Finally on your point about Hearts being outplayed then I guess that's your opinion but the table (and our goal difference) kind of tells a different story.

I do agree to an extent with your points and the only reasonable thing I can think is either 1) the ground staff had to get off the park to allow the players to warm up. 2) they thought the players running on it would break the snow up quicker and more so than it actually did. 3) sweeping the snow off the lines or the boxes only really serves to shift the snow elsewhere on the pitch for the most part. Removing the snow completely from the pitch to the sidelines may have been a far more time consuming proposition which, as you said, the TV companies couldn't/wouldn't allow.

I feel sorry for the fans on both sides who travelled good distances to attend and hope it is some comfort that the replay will be a proper match and not the Sunday league style garbage which that match last night was.

On the point if hearts being outplayed. Of course you have more points and have came away with the points, which is ultimately the sign of a good team. However, my point was that there has been an element of luck involved in the 4 matches against rangers and Hibs where your goal difference is +3. In the opening match at ibrox rangers fairly bombarded the hearts goal in the first half and missed a few sitters, which any other week will get put away (even by rangers standards this season). The rangers game at tynecastle I thought rangers looked the better team until the sending off and even after that, some of the chances they missed were terrible. The penalty late on in that game was down to them bring over committed chasing a draw. The 2 Edinburgh derbies, Hibs have outplayed Hearts in both and only a couple of sensational wonder strikes have bailed Hearts out in these. So yes in my opinion, against the rest of the teams in the league, Hearts have been far, far superior than Rangers and Hibs. However, against their 2 title rivals, who have that bit more quality in their ranks, some weaknesses have been exposed. I do think all 3 teams are streets ahead of any of the bottom 6 in the premiership and would all comfortable be mid table upwards if currently in that league.

I

Having now looked at lots of posts, images and videos of the disgraceful scenes inside Ibrox last night, there's one thing which baffles me.

When Hearts played Livi away just after Xmas , there were around 30 young guys in the top corner of one of the stands just behind me, most of whom looked like they had to be home in bed before 6pm.

Apart from being noisy,boisterous and repeatedly banging that annoying fucking drum, there was never any sign of them causing trouble and some of their chants were actually quite funny .

However, Police Scotland spent almost the entire game either standing watching them or at half time , standing each side of them and amongst them to make their "presence " felt .

At one time I counted 25 Police officers, so basically , almost one per supporter.

So my question is , where the f**k were they last night, when it was all kicking off?

Why didn't they show the same "presence" inside Ibrox as they were so keen to do amongst a bunch of wee laddies ?

Why at Ibrox and Celtic Park is this almost always left with the low paid stewards to deal with ?

Probably time for Police Scotland to fucking grow a pair, get in amongst these trouble makers and get things sorted out .

Hear hear, when the pars played them a guys young daughter was hit in the head with a coin. When he went to the steward and mentioned it the steward said "what do you want me to do?".

You see those bampots near the white barrier every week on TV. Desperately trying to relive the hatred and bigotry of the old days and inventing supposed rivalries with a bunch of youngsters who aren't bothering anyone else in any ground in scotland.

They can't take any humour or banter and turn into snivelling zombie bampots at the first mention of the Rangers.

Undersoil heating must be turned off an hour before kick off or it ruins the pitch, this is standard across all grounds with the facility.

It also doesn't prevent snow from settling on the pitch, but rather prevents it becoming frozen. As you could see from the penalty boxes, the park was fine underneath the snow, so the undersoil heating done it's job fine.

When you think of the costs associated with hosting a match, rangers will have to effectively do this twice whilst only having the income from one match. I would imagine these costs would greatly outnumber the cost of turning on undersoil heating for a couple of hours extra.

Over the course of the season Hearts have proven themselves to be a far superior team in terms of consistency than Rangers or Hibs. But in the 4 individual matches against their two main rivals, Hearts have been second best and got the wins and draws against the run of play (which is admittedly the sign of a good team). However, it begs the question, why anyone would assume Rangers would run scared of a team they would have taken a minimum of 4 points from this season, had they not missed sitters? Robbie Neilson looked to be the only one eager that this match ended quickly.

that last paragraph is absolute horse shit. Keep telling yourself that though.

Archived