Alan Forrest v Our bitches

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trains are running fine at the moment down this end as far as I'm aware. There was a problem yesterday because of the wind and rain affecting overhead cables, and a problem on tuesday to do with signalling issues for a while, but nothing to do with snow.

Motorways will be fine. Would imagine if the coastal road was bad the alternative would be to just head up the M8 and back down the M77. Hopefully they don't f*ck up like the other day and not grit the M8 from erskine to langbank.

Motorways will be fine. Would imagine if the coastal road was bad the alternative would be to just head up the M8 and back down the M77. Hopefully they don't f*ck up like the other day and not grit the M8 from erskine to langbank.

Coastal road is fine, at least from Wemyss Bay downwards anyway.

Ffs, so it has. I heard that the trains to Ayr from Greenock have been off for a few days and a replacement bus from Paisley is on, can anyone elaborate on this?

Hopefully the trains on as the bus will most probably be strict with booze.

There have been signalling problems at Kilwinning twice this week, and on the first occasion at least, they ran replacement buses between Paisley and Irvine and then trains from Irvine to Ayr. They were off for about 12 hours yesterday and I'm not 100% sure if they did the same again but I think they did. They've been fine today so far.

It's maybe worth pointing out that there's a Stagecoach bus that runs between Ayr and Greenock which stops right around the corner from Somerset. Obviously that'd be a pretty shite way of getting to a game, but if the trains are disrupted it might be more convenient than getting whatever kind of train-bus combination ScotRail offer.

There have been signalling problems at Kilwinning twice this week, and on the first occasion at least, they ran replacement buses between Paisley and Irvine and then trains from Irvine to Ayr. They were off for about 12 hours yesterday and I'm not 100% sure if they did the same again but I think they did. They've been fine today so far.

It's maybe worth pointing out that there's a Stagecoach bus that runs between Ayr and Greenock which stops right around the corner from Somerset. Obviously that'd be a pretty shite way of getting to a game, but if the trains are disrupted it might be more convenient than getting whatever kind of train-bus combination ScotRail offer.

Thanks for the tip!

It's not going to be windy at all tomorrow so even if the trains are off, which would take an impressive amount of snow overnight, the coast road'll be fine.

Hoping for Derek Lyle quantities of white stuff tonight so it can be rearranged for a day I can get off work, tbh.

Interesting signing. No idea how Hyde's level compares to Ayr, but pretty sure Liam Thomsett went to Hyde after us, and he was class. In McCall we trust.

Would love to see him back, incredible player for us in the few months he was with us. Wonder whats went wrong with his career that he's pottering about the bottom end of the English league structure.

Agreed that it's an interesting signing, we've now got the makings of a decent defence with plenty of cover. Hopefully that'll shore things up, having come through the Bolton youth set up I'd imagine that Adam will be of a good standard especially at this level.

Tomsetts goal away to County to make it 1-1 was unbelievable, one of the best goals for Ayr I've witnessed. We've been gifted with some cracking midfielders over the years with Paul Sheerin, Marvyn Wilson, Ryan Stevenson etc, and Liam would definetly be up there with them if he was with us for long.

Hope Blakemam is available for tomorrow, a left back has been missing from our team for 2/3 years now.

You haven't actually been gifted with cracking midfielders though, given that your highest finish in a decade was, erm being relegated to the Second Division again.

Worse than Ryan McGuffie in central midfield: just let that sink in.

Archived