Alan Forrest v Our bitches

You haven't actually been gifted with cracking midfielders though, given that your highest finish in a decade was, erm being relegated to the Second Division again.

Worse than Ryan McGuffie in central midfield: just let that sink in.

Your point is caller

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would expect Forbes to come into the team and play on the left hand side of midfield, given that Duffy has said that his signing has 'added balance to the team'. This should allow one of O'Ware or Miller (preferably the latter) to slot back into the centre of defence, with Crighton finally dropping out of the team after his ridiculous hand ball last week.

Up front, Stefan McCluskey will most likely keep his place alongside Caldwell after his performance last week, so Peaso will have to settle for the place on the bench in the meantime.

formation.png

You haven't actually been gifted with cracking midfielders though, given that your highest finish in a decade was, erm being relegated to the Second Division again.

Our current midfield trio are the worst i have seen

would put the Maisano boys to shame

Ryan Stevenson is a player Morton could only dream about having in their team within the last decade.

Ryan Stevenson is a player Morton could only dream about having in their team within the last decade.

Doesn't seem likely, given that Ayr United could only dream of second-tier survival during that entire time period.

Gutted to miss out on more third-tier no-marks, naturally.

Doesn't seem likely, given that Ayr United could only dream of second-tier survival during that entire time period.

3rd tier player that has played in the English Championship, Europe and the Scottish Premiership over the last 3 to 4 years? You'll not be able to name a ex Morton player who has been as successful as Stevenson in recent years.

Don't worry, I'm sure Michael Tidser, after not making it at Rotherham, Oldham and County, will come back to you and back to his natural level.

I have highlighted below the years out the last decade you were not doing exactly the same :)

2014/2015 0 Scottish League One ?

2013/2014 0 Scottish Championship 10th/10

2012/2013 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 2nd/10

2011/2012 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 8th/10

2010/2011 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 7th/10

2009/2010 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 8th/10

2008/2009 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 6th/10

2007/2008 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 8th/10

2006/2007 Scottish Division Two 1st/10

2005/2006 Bells Scottish Division Two 2nd/10

av-10226.png

3rd tier player that has played in the English Championship, Europe and the Scottish Premiership over the last 3 to 4 years? You'll not be able to name a ex Morton player who has been as successful as Stevenson in recent years.

Don't worry, I'm sure Michael Tidser, after not making it at Rotherham, Oldham and County, will come back to you and back to his natural level.

What, specifically, did he do at Ayr? Can't be much considering you have failed to finish above us in a single season in the last decade, though I'm sure Stevenson was a standout back when we were winning the league, with Ayr about 30 points behind us again.

Perhaps you should take him back then for old times' sake this season.

I have highlighted below the years out the last decade you were not doing exactly the same :)

2014/2015 0 Scottish League One ?

2013/2014 0 Scottish Championship 10th/10

2012/2013 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 2nd/10

2011/2012 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 8th/10

2010/2011 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 7th/10

2009/2010 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 8th/10

2008/2009 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 6th/10

2007/2008 2 Irn Bru Scottish Division One 8th/10

2006/2007 Scottish Division Two 1st/10

2005/2006 Bells Scottish Division Two 2nd/10

av-10226.png

Erm yes: thanks for highlighting for us league placings that Ayr United could only dream of achieving: though of course six of those seasons fall under that category. A club that hasn't managed to get out of the seaside leagues without being promptly relegated back to their natural level. An entire decade spent living in our long, cold, dark shadow.

Just let that sink in.

ainsley-harriott-02.gif

Any snow in Ayr?

Leaving for the train just now and the roads here are getting bad

Where I stay is more snowy/slushy, but I work near Somerset and it' just wet. The only way the game would be called off is if travel conditions for fans were too dangerous, which they are not in Ayr.

What, specifically, did he do at Ayr? Can't be much considering you have failed to finish above us in a single season in the last decade, though I'm sure Stevenson was a standout back when we were winning the league, with Ayr about 30 points behind us again.

Perhaps you should take him back then for old times' sake this season.

Scored the winner in the play off final that promoted us. What Ryan Stevenson done didn't determine if we finished above you :lol: that's like me saying if Rowan Vine didn't play for you last season then you wouldn't have got relegated, completely irrelevant, like most of your drivel is. I'm sure any team outside Celtic Aberdeen and maybe Dundee Utd would take Stevenson, well maybe not Morton, you have the midfield colossus of Thomas O'Ware playing central midfield :1eye

having come through the Bolton youth set up I'd imagine that Adam will be of a good standard especially at this level.

Joe McKee came through the Bolton youth set up and he's garbage.

Graeme Miller ‏@gmaufc 3 secs4 seconds ago
At Somerset now, game is in no danger at all. Match will go ahead as planned
0 replies . 1 retweet 0 favourites
Reply Retweeted1 Favourite
More

Ross Forbes is not a left winger.

However I expect Duffy to play him there! ????

Would prefer Russell there today but Russell's work rate might just about compensate for Forbes lack of if played behind him.

Archived