st rochs

haters2

I watched them against Whitburn in the Scottish this year and I thought the group of supporters they brought thru were fine and added a bit of atmosphere to a wind swept game. I do agree with some posts that the team do need to be more disciplined on the park as they had 2 players sent off in the game but the fans there self were fine.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha I take it you have never been to An Ardeer thistle match? The "Ardeer Ultras" are 10 times worse, singing the sash one minute, then a celtic song the next, They thrive on other teams having players who are not from Scotland (lets say) Vile chants about other players sexuality and all sorts dodjy abuse constantly.

This is comin more frequent and the Ardeer Commitee love them. They said awful things about an ex managers wife ( who did not help herself and cooked up a storm )

Now you are a complete and utter bellend, You've never in your life understood 1 minute of fitbaw. F**king parasite

It looks clear to me this is more of a personal attack on the Roch manager by Hater2!

Having known Andy and his back room staff very well i can assure you none are bigots perhaps your Thorlinewood friends should concentrate more on not being bottom of their league than try create nonsense for an old rival.

I've watched the Roch a few times this year, The results have not all went their way but Andy is building a young local team and also got the interest back of the local community.

Rome wasn't built in a day as they say!!

Goodluck Andy and the boys going forward!!

The thorniewood players we had the rivalry with were also from a celtic persuasion so don't know what your getting at ? As for our fans and tri colours a few of the young lads are from irish backgrounds I would put up a scotland flag as I'm scottish and have done so at our park. As I saw first hand frank was doing a grt job as are the rest of our committee but all teams need fresh ideas hence the new committee members time will tell if we can get it right thanks for your comment tho

For a "member of the management" of any team in whatever grade to condone the unfurling of a tricolour (or for that matter a union jack of Ulster flag) at a match is absolutely incredible. Sectrarianism will continue to be the scourge of the West of Scotland for many years to come if people in positions of power put a hand over one eye to it. Kidding yourself that it's due to Irish heritage doesn't fool anyone.

The thing is when i was 16 i went to the Roy games with a big group of pals. We used to get up to all sorts. Now if one of us were to join a committee or try reign in others back then it would be near impossible to do. How can one boy in a group of ten pals control them never gonna happen.

I like the candy as a club since i saw them play my team 25 years ago and have a keen interest in their history, you can't pretend you don't have these roots. Celebrate them but do it in a way that won't cause offence and to be fair that seems like that's what your trying to do.

Define roots. Believing what yer father told you about mince that occurred 325 years ago?

Anyone connected with the club should have marched up and took the flag away from them. Simple as that. By not doing so is condoning it.

I know this is a rant but I hate sectarianism with a vengeance and it's the main reason why I don't even look at the senior Scottish results. Junior football should be immune from this and the Junior Football forum here should certainly be so too.

Jim Baxter I'm totally lost why myself or member of our club should take away a tricolour or ulster flag from a fan. What about an England,scotland,Australia flag are they offensive to you because no countries flag should be offensive? Lost me mate

Jim Baxter I'm totally lost why myself or member of our club should take away a tricolour or ulster flag from a fan. What about an England,scotland,Australia flag are they offensive to you because no countries flag should be offensive? Lost me mate

I've lost you because you're hiding. You know as well as I do the reasons for draping one of these two flags over the wall at a football match, particularly a Junior game in Scotland. Are you really saying, "It's just some Irish boys proud of their country"?

You're not fooling anyone, pal.

Jim we welcome anyone regardless of religion colour or beliefs if that's wrong then we are guilty!its comments like yours that fuels the hatred with your assumptions that flags have to be related to bigotry.if you have any doubts yourself come to a home game and see for yourself

i was on the roch committee until recently n theres no way andy can b called a bigot. in the yr ive known him ive never heard anything bigoted from him, even in jest. when ur walkin about the north of glesga wae yer roch gear on, people always stop u n ask how theyre gettin on n people always mention andy n wot a nice guy he is. if there was anythin bigotted abt him im sure some1 wid hv made a passin comment n these people wouldnt hold him in such hi regard. andys a good guy. always comes into the clubhouse afore n after games n mingles wae every1 n makes everyone feel part of the roch. to try and slander a true gentleman of the game is bang out n i think u shid get back under yer bridge troll. everythin ur sayin is hearsay n until uve witnessed anythin shut yer fuckin mouth ya cretin.

Jim we welcome anyone regardless of religion colour or beliefs if that's wrong then we are guilty!its comments like yours that fuels the hatred with your assumptions that flags have to be related to bigotry.if you have any doubts yourself come to a home game and see for yourself

P.s Jim. I'm no hiding my name is at the top of my page!

Firstly I wasn't aware you had to include your name to write a post on here. i'm not hiding either, I just didn't think it ws relevant to my opinion. Congratulations on your transparency however.

Secondly, it's pleasing to see that you are welcoming to everyone regardless. However the attitude which is conveyed to anyone who visits your club and sees one of these flags doesn't really show the club to be as friendly as you imply. Surely you must see that.

As I said Jim we have different religions in our playing staff and committee members so I don't see why we are offending anyone we have no message or slander on any of our fans flags I'm not saying you need to put your name on top but I am saying come to a game and introduce yourself then judge folk at the roch for yourself rather than hearsay

As I said Jim we have different religions in our playing staff and committee members so I don't see why we are offending anyone we have no message or slander on any of our fans flags I'm not saying you need to put your name on top but I am saying come to a game and introduce yourself then judge folk at the roch for yourself rather than hearsay

I'm about as far removed from the game as you can get while still having an interest.

My comments are not on individuals but on the general mindset of your club allowing this to happen. The lack of writing on the flags mean nothing. The intentions behind them are implicit.

It's only my opinion.

Jim, ave. Been at a lot of junior grounds,,, n seen union jacks,,,,,,but never a tri color,,,,,,,it doesn't make u a bigot,,because, u fly a flag,,,,it's hard for Andy, n duffy,, to watch wit fans are doing,,,,,a think it's great that the roch have a young following,,because crowds, are dropping,,,,,,,,sometimes u get, Celtic ,rangers ,,Airdrie, hearts hibs,,,supporters all, attending, games,,,,u can't, control,, wit fans are gonny, shout,,,,,ave been insulted,, off players, manangers, ,fans,,,,plenty times,,over my years,,,,,all of a bigoted nature,,,,,,,,so it does happen ,,,,,,,it happens everywhere,,,,,on the street, at work, at football,,,,so why should the roch be signaled,out,,,,, , ,,,,,,,cheers Cotter, ,,,,,,,,

For a "member of the management" of any team in whatever grade to condone the unfurling of a tricolour (or for that matter a union jack of Ulster flag) at a match is absolutely incredible. Sectrarianism will continue to be the scourge of the West of Scotland for many years to come if people in positions of power put a hand over one eye to it. Kidding yourself that it's due to Irish heritage doesn't fool anyone.

Define roots. Believing what yer father told you about mince that occurred 325 years ago?

Anyone connected with the club should have marched up and took the flag away from them. Simple as that. By not doing so is condoning it.

I know this is a rant but I hate sectarianism with a vengeance and it's the main reason why I don't even look at the senior Scottish results. Junior football should be immune from this and the Junior Football forum here should certainly be so too.

Who mentioned 325 years ago?

St Rochs are from a part of the city with a big Irish heritage. The club back in the early 20th century were founded in a very similar way to Celtic for the same reasons.

Celtic as a club have helped them out when they nearly bust in the 60s, the current Celtic trust promote the club.

We all know the connection with Jimmy McGrory,i could go on. There will always be a link between the club and Ireland. You can't change history or ignore it.

My point is all this should be remembered and celebrated in the right way though. Take green and white St Rochs flags, make up a song chants celebrating the clubs history etc.

I personally don't see a problem with them taking the tricolour , the area the club is from is steeped in all things Ireland but i recognise that this is going to get some people's back up, it is the west coast of Scotland after all. On that bases i would leave out the tricolour and as i said take a big green and white St Rochs flag sing chant something to do with the candy.

Archived