Alloa Rovers V East Fife Rangers

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EF were poor at Cliftonhill and managed to bore us out to a stalemate on their patch, but the Rovers can't really settle for any more draws- our aim has to win every game, certainly at home.

With a crucial midweek game yet to be arranged, I think we really need to watch our fitness. Ross McNeil and Chris Dallas have departed without replacement, so at the front of the pitch John Gemmell is clearly our plan A and B. Even plan C is Mark McGuigan, who when played up-front is basically a skinny version of Gemmell with impaired finishing ability who constantly strays offside.

Jamie Pollock scored the opener in the first edition of this fixture- we could do worse than putting him back in the team, alongside former Fifer Gary Fisher. At risk of underestimating EF, I'd also perhaps suggest a trio of Love, Cusack and Phillips behind the striker. It may seem a bit strange to put so much confidence in a teenager, but if Kyle Turnbull returns I'll be much more confident about our title chances.

EF were poor at Cliftonhill and managed to bore us out to a stalemate on their patch, but the Rovers can't really settle for any more draws- our aim has to win every game, certainly at home.

With a crucial midweek game yet to be arranged, I think we really need to watch our fitness. Ross McNeil and Chris Dallas have departed without replacement, so at the front of the pitch John Gemmell is clearly our plan A and B. Even plan C is Mark McGuigan, who when played up-front is basically a skinny version of Gemmell with impaired finishing ability who constantly strays offside.

Jamie Pollock scored the opener in the first edition of this fixture- we could do worse than putting him back in the team, alongside former Fifer Gary Fisher. At risk of underestimating EF, I'd also perhaps suggest a trio of Love, Cusack and Phillips behind the striker. It may seem a bit strange to put so much confidence in a teenager, but if Kyle Turnbull returns I'll be much more confident about our title chances.

So where does Chaplain go?

Wonder how many subs we'll have this weekend? 3 if we're lucky? Desperately in need of a creative midfielder and a goalscorer

Might not be the finished article but we have a great midfield prospect at the club, although Naysmith seems to be doing his best to play him at right-back, despite already having 3 at the club

Might not be the finished article but we have a great midfield prospect at the club, although Naysmith seems to be doing his best to play him at right-back, despite already having 3 at the club

Do you think he may move Ross into midfield on Sat if Frasers suspended ? Or if Naysmith is fit will he go in at left bk !!

Naysmith is still learning.

Just a pity he couldn't do it somewhere else.

#intheseconddivisionforevermore

Do you think he may move Ross into midfield on Sat if Frasers suspended ? Or if Naysmith is fit will he go in at left bk !!

Depends on Scott Smith, if he's back fit he goes lb and Liam Smith plays rb (otherwise why have him on loan and not play him)

If neither Naysmith or Scott Smith are fit then we probably play the same back 4.Campbell in midfield.

Archived