Ineos and Syngenta Grangemouth

i hate so say it but yes. i was one of a handfull in my intake that didnt have a relative already working there. if youre not an experienced tech it may be worth applying for the convnersion course at falkirk college.its a gamble tho as its 12 weeks full time youre only promised an interview not a job. pesonaly i'd be very upset if they employed a par. that shits not on !

I got to the second interview then they noticed I only had five fingers. Bummer.

:lol:

A couple of mates of mine started with Ineos last year, both fitters in the refinery, and they both think its a decent place to work. They're dayshift and are working daft amounts of o/t. Yet I know someone else who left last year as he had started to hate the place. He had served his time with BP and could remember all the good days of bonuses, final.salary pensions etc. I suppose it just depends on what you are used to.

I always fancied working in the place as I live just along the road but the erosion of the working conditions recently for new-starts by the tax-avoiding owner has actually meant I would be worse off leaving my current job which involves a 18 mile each way drive.

A couple of mates of mine started with Ineos last year, both fitters in the refinery, and they both think its a decent place to work. They're dayshift and are working daft amounts of o/t. Yet I know someone else who left last year as he had started to hate the place. He had served his time with BP and could remember all the good days of bonuses, final.salary pensions etc. I suppose it just depends on what you are used to.

I always fancied working in the place as I live just along the road but the erosion of the working conditions recently for new-starts by the tax-avoiding owner has actually meant I would be worse off leaving my current job which involves a 18 mile each way drive.

What kinda cash is a process technician on

What kinda cash is a process technician on

not gony disclose that on a public forum. if youre dead interested pm me and tell me with youre experience as the offer varies for each new start. the shift system is 12 hours. its built into the days of the week so you end up doing every day of the week once dayshift and once nightshift over 5 weeks. with 10 days off . bit better than 4-4 as you dont get cought for several weekends in a row.

As to the job itself. after october 2013 the company gave the union both barrels so their influnce is about as much as a supermarket one has. the only real thing left they have to offer is legal aid. all colllective bargaining and practices are now gone. as a result the terms and conditions are somewhat less than they were in the BP days and considerably less for anyone who started after 2013 . by oil and gas standard the wages arent great but its still a fucking good wage and job compared to the real world.

For the avoidence of doubt ONLY the proccess operators work 24 hours in shifts. fitters sparkys and all maintanance types work 9-5 mon-fri. unless there is a specific requirement for them to do otherwise in which case they will be paid overtime

• 2 weeks later...

Archived