Pie and Bet £10 Challenge Number 5 - Lost at £71.97

Div

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bamford scores the first and Lee Tomlin scores the second :lol:

Egg all over me and C.Muir's faces!

Not at all, I was beginning to have my doubts at half time !

I was even more pissed off as my second choice tip was Bournemouth no clean sheet as they have a terrible record at Elland Road. It was the same price and Leeds scored in the first half.

Still, all ended well and we remain alive at £25.

I like the thought of having a community based challenge where the interested P&B members discuss and vote on a variety of options for the next challenge bet, I will set one of those up after we have finished this run.

Bet 3 will be up tomorrow !

Not at all, I was beginning to have my doubts at half time !

I was even more pissed off as my second choice tip was Bournemouth no clean sheet as they have a terrible record at Elland Road. It was the same price and Leeds scored in the first half.

Still, all ended well and we remain alive at £25.

I like the thought of having a community based challenge where the interested P&B members discuss and vote on a variety of options for the next challenge bet, I will set one of those up after we have finished this run.

Bet 3 will be up tomorrow !

When will people learn? Democracy just doesn't work...

Bet 3 tonight and we are going back down South to the League Cup, where Spurs entertain Sheffield Utd at White Hart Lane in the semi final first leg.

This competition can be a bit tricky to call but with a cup final place at stake you can be sure that both teams will be taking this one seriously.

Utd have an excellent cup record in recent times and whilst I strongly fancy Spurs to beat them tonight I am going to opt for what I hope is a safer market, corners.

Spurs have the 4th highest average corner count in the EPL, whilst Utd have the 4th highest in League 1.

I expect Spurs to batter the Blades a bit tonight, and with Adebayor set to start there should be quite a lot of crosses to deal with, and hopefully corners !

Spurs last two league cup games at the lane were against Newcastle (14 corners) and Brighton (19 corners), hopefully this trend will continue tonight.

Both sides match average this season on corners is over 11 but we are being conservative and going for over 10 in the game priced at 4/6.

With our £25 kitty on this we hope to return £41.66 if the corner count lands.

No comments on tonights tip ?

Either means nobody else is on it, nobody cares, it's a sound tip, it's madness, or nobody else knows anything about beting on corners :blink:

Given your analysis were you not interested in Spurs on the corner handicap?

Yes mate, I was sorely tempted with Spurs -3 at 6/5 it looks huge to me, or even on the Asian corners they are 1.8 at -2.5.

I had a voice in my head screaming "don't be greedy" and Sheff Utd's own high corner kick rate concerned me a wee bit so in the end I plumped for safety first and went for over 10.

I might put Spurs -3 corners on an accumulator somewhere tonight !

I know nothing about betting on corners but your research seems fairly sound so I'll be jumping in on this finally with £10.

Welcome aboard fella. If we lose tonight I will find you..............

Bet 4 is now up and we are off to France this evening for the French League Cup where Rennes entertain Stade de Reims.

The home side are favourites at the bookies to win the game, however Reims were 3-1 winners here on 20th December on League Business so it's far from guaranteed that Rennes will prevail.

Reims have scored at least once in each of their last EIGHT matches in all competitions, and in fact have only failed to score in 1 of their last 15 games.

So that's tonight's bet, Rennes No Clean Sheet is up at 8/11 so our £41.66 is on and will return £71.97 if it lands.

All we need is a Reims goal at any time and we win. This bet is under the "Goals" tab on BET365 and we are betting on No Clean Sheet for Rennes.

Good luck if you are on it !

Archived