Accies v ICT

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazed at the negativity of some of our fans! There's nothing like giving a guy a chance is there! Now Canning has been given the job he can start to put his stamp on it,yes, we have lost our last 3 games, two of which were not really unexpected and one we would have been looking to get something from so for me the job starts now for Canning. The board have taken us this far with their judgment so we can't really criticise them although there are plenty falling over themselves to do so. Good luck to Canzo i've met him and he's a good guy and I hope this works out for him, and us. Cue me getting slaughtered for being a "happy clapper" whatever that is, maybe i'm just a fan with a bit of patience and a long memory.

When Raven was suspended / injured last season and Shinnie moved to RB even when Raven was available again Shinnie remained there. I think this will continue. As ICTChris says we have a lot of options in the middle and it's hard to predict who will drop out to make way for Tansey even if he does get back in. I suspect he will do and Williams will perhaps displace Doran.

Brill

Shinnie Warren Meekings Tremarco

Tansey Draper

Watkins Ross Williams

Mckay

Amazed at the negativity of some of our fans! There's nothing like giving a guy a chance is there! .

If we get a result and start to pick up again, the same folk will be on talking about settling for top 6 or qualifying for Europe. We can be a fickle bunch at times.

Martin Canning has been unlucky, he was given the job as Interim at short notice in the top flight with home games coming up against Dundee Utd and Celtic , two of the three best teams in the country. He was also aware the club were looking at possible other options.

When Alex Neil was given the job, he was given it immediately, the team was in the First Division , and lost their last game of the season 3-1 at home to Cowdenbeath. The fans were starting to turn agaisnt him when the following season opened with a defeat at Airdrie in the Challenge Cup.

Accies 5-0 defeat at Firhill was no surprise in the context of Thistle's comeback in the 3-3 leafgue game at NDP, our Scottish Cup defeat at Firhill , with the team missing Gordon and Canning , then Devlin during the game.

I find it hard to beleive Accies will lose their next ten games, as only then would St Johnstone , Kilmarnock and Dundee overtake us.

First things first. With 39 points its still possible we could end up in a playoff place. Looking back over 10+ seasons as recently as 2012/13 Saint Mirren occupied 11th spot at the end of the season with 41 points. So one more win makes us reasonably safe from relegation. Get the 3 points and then its important to try and secure a top 6 slot. Even 6th would be a very major achievement particularly after the upheaval of the last few days. Inverness are a hard team to beat and in the 2 games so far the have looked superior to Accies. I would accept a point and see that as a good result. The players now whats' happening now so no excuses re managerial uncertainty.

Amazed at the negativity of some of our fans! There's nothing like giving a guy a chance is there! Now Canning has been given the job he can start to put his stamp on it,yes, we have lost our last 3 games, two of which were not really unexpected and one we would have been looking to get something from so for me the job starts now for Canning. The board have taken us this far with their judgment so we can't really criticise them although there are plenty falling over themselves to do so. Good luck to Canzo i've met him and he's a good guy and I hope this works out for him, and us. Cue me getting slaughtered for being a "happy clapper" whatever that is, maybe i'm just a fan with a bit of patience and a long memory.

Spot on.

I don't want to be too hard on Canzo, but I thought his decision to drop himself against DUFC was a mistake - and yes, I know it was his first game as manager. He wasn't taking charge from the touchline - Frankie did more - and the players didn't seem to be playing for him like they played for Alex. I couldn't make the last 2 games and understand we were okay against Celtic but dreadful at Firhill. Not sure it works having goalies as captains.

Well that's good to see that a majority for Accies are keeping faith, I think that'll be needed over the next few weeks, once we get that the first point(s) under Canning then things might turn around.

Lets give the new management a warm welcome on Saturday at home, and try to give them some confidence.

Aye,we are all full of enthusiasm watching the likes of Louis Longridge come on every game as a "game changer".It's not the results-by fcuk we have lost some terrible games over the years-but it's the general change in play,becoming Billy Reidesq last 3 games when we were previously setting the agenda in games.

They will get all the support at the games,but the fans need a boost.Perhaps a couple of signings and stop pandering to Norwich/Celtic and concentrate on our own fans would be a start.

Can't bemoan what might have been now. What happened happened. Not enthused by Cannings appointment but I can guarantee I'll be getting right behind him every game. Tomorrow will be tough but if we get top 6 we've overachieved. Come on Accies!

Normally with a new Manager,teams and fans are given a lift.The opposite here,very few Accies want this appointment.Reeks of penny pinching and lack of ambition.

Three weeks ago,the fans were singing of a European tour.Now,won't be long till Thistle,Killie,St.Johnstone and Dundee overtake us.These Appointments have gone down like a lead balloon.

Not with me. I think the appointments of Swailes and Beuzilin are terrific. Allows Martin to concentrate on playing on match days, with Swailes and Beuzilin controlling things from the bench. Big Swailsey will provide the motivational stuff thats been missing since Alex left.

Today was about much more than just a managerial appointment. It puts in a clear structure for the future.

I was totally down on Wednesday night but now really looking forward to tomorrow.

Worth pointing out that Inverness lost 3 in a row recently and got back on track quickly. Get behind the new man.

Yep. Also worth pointing out that Thistle absolutely rode us 4-0 at home in one of those games. Taking nothing for granted tomorrow.

That said, we're in an incredibly fortunate position of having a lot of good players fighting for starting places. Recently Tremarco, Ross and Williams have all come in and seized their chances, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them all start tomorrow, but that would means that we've got the likes of Tansey, Christie, Raven and Vincent on the bench. Add to that Mckay and Doran coming back onto top form, and this has to be the strongest ICT first team squad ever. Looking forward to the game, but nervous too.

Archived