East Stirlingshire v Clyde

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific result, dreadful game. Tactics that worked well 1st half last week, were not working today - so fair play to manager for changing at half time. Would sign Roberts up right now even though we're bringing a striker in on Monday.

That's the coldest I've ever been at the football. My knees had locked together at the end.

Reasonable game, I think a draw would have been the fairer outcome but the Shire get what the deserve for leaving McManus with all the time and space in the world to pick his shot. I was impressed by Michael Wallace for the Shire, he looked sparky whenever he got on the ball. Big Mark Roberts had some nice touches when he came on.

First half was really poor with McManus isolated up front on his own. Ferguson hit the bar and so did shire from a header.

In the second half the subs made a big difference and Ferguson was much better out on the right than he was in the first half on the left.

Both O'Donnell and McManus took their goals well. Was poor defending for the goal we conceded and the shire rattled the bar in the second half as well.

Didn't play very well but a win was vital if we could get another few wins we could start looking up the table rather than down.

Big Marko absolutely strolled it today, brilliant having a player of his quality in the defence alongside Fisher.

Good win for us. Roberts and McQueen played well when they came on, wee Fergie came onto a game in the 2nd half too. Thought it was a deserved win for us

Colder than a game at Broadwood and that's saying something

Manager takes all the credit; stuck McQueen up front and got players around him able to pick up the second ball. The two centre halves were excellent, Martin a class apart as usual, but it was a shocking game in general between two awful teams. Although they hit the woodwork twice (first one looked like a blatant foul to me) they looked as toothless as they've looked in the other two games.

That said, if he managed to get some pace into the middle of the pitch we'll be absolutely fine. The midfield trio that started the game is completely immobile and offers absolutely nothing in an attacking sense. Not sure what's happened to McDougall either; he's barely touched the ball in his 4 or 5 games.

Roberts was excellent when he came on and might well be a decent addition as an impact sub.

Absolutely crucial victory today, at one point we were sitting second bottom of the league, and we would have been rock bottom if the East Stirling chance that hit the bar would have went in.

Still not convinced that BF is gonna bring success to the club, and honestly feel that today's victory is just papering over the cracks.

Murray, O'Donnell, McDougall, Gray absolute passengers. Durie is an awful player that gives us nothing, cannot defend and rarely gets forward. Every week I leave the match wondering what the hell has happened with Fergie. An absolute unbelievable player for us last season but this season looks like a shadow of himself.

The (slightly) hungrier team won. I've said it before, and now I'll say it again: we're not going to win games with only one player up front. As much as I rate McKenna, we were much better when we also had Max Wright up front with him.

Now we're bottom, and I have to be honest and say that I can't see us moving from there, and if we drop out of the league we won't be back. We don't have a ground, and we don't serve a community, so it could be the end. I hope not, but I reckon every other team in the league would have a better chance of surviving and coming back up.

Archived