World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The League Cup :lol:

It's probably better for your team to have actually won the trophy you're trying to denigrate...

Mind you, it is a diidy* cup, but a welcome none the less.

* so diddy it doesn't deserve being described as diddy! :lol:

Big teams focus on big cups. Leave League Cups to the likes of Hibs.

Looks like the Dons and Saints aren't big clubs this seaon then, unlike ICT and Falkirk.

Or maybe we're just unfocused.

Asked my old man what song the Celtic fans were singing quite a bit on Sunday, that's the Celtic symphony he said. Looked up on YouTube and it's just another pro IRA ditty. Celtic really want to bin that pish.

Asked my old man what song the Celtic fans were singing quite a bit on Sunday, that's the Celtic symphony he said. Looked up on YouTube and it's just another pro IRA ditty. Celtic really want to bin that pish.

It actually isnt but some folk add on an 'ooh ah up the ra' to it which as you rightly point out is not on

You can't really judge it based on one season. Bizarre comment. I think since the millennium is a fair timeframe to judge teams on. Hibs :lol: Aberdeen :lol: Dundee :lol:

Somebody is taking this very seriously...

The common way it is now sung has the 'up the ra' add ons which is a pity as its a cracking tune somewhat tarnished by that, it was originally 'up the celts' or at least thats how its meant to be sung

Wrong

Brian Warfield of the Wolfetones wrote the song. This is the original, nothing has changed apart from the odd Oh Ahh Samaras which doesn't happen anymore

No-one reaches that point in the song generally - it's quite funny the way it tends to just tail off. The 'Here we go again' part of the chorus is a belting and completely original football song, so it'd be a shame to see it go because the author brought the RA into it for no apparent reason.

YouTube Celtic Symphony, it doesn't tail off at all. Celtic fans buy into the whole rebel song idea and the club while not actively promoting it, does nothing to quash it.

a youtube video or two isn't exactly compelling evidence. As a fan who has been to hundreds of games I can tell you it tails off a lot near that part. Of the people singing it maybe 50% sing that part. That was definitely the case on Sunday. FWIW I like the song apart from that line as it kills the atmosphere temporarily anyway

Despite having no links with Ireland and not being a catholic I have sympathy with the Irish Republican movement.

That said I despise anyone using a Scottish based football club to promote that cause in any way.

Despite having no links with Ireland and not being a catholic I have sympathy with the Irish Republican movement.

That said I despise anyone using a Scottish based football club to promote that cause in any way.

^^^ terrorist sympathising bigot

Sounds like a Peter Lawwell quote :lol:

Archived