Newcastle United U20s vs Hibernian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with all the stars? Stars are for SPL championships, why posts stars now that its the SPFL?

I've just been watching Phil Parkinson (Bradford manager) being interviewed on the Beeb, and they've got a lovely big star above their badge. I have no idea why.

I've just been watching Phil Parkinson (Bradford manager) being interviewed on the Beeb, and they've got a lovely big star above their badge. I have no idea why.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_(football_crest)

Self awarded pish to try to make themselves feel special. I think it's only the Italian FA who officially sanction stars on crests.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_(football_crest)

Self awarded pish to try to make themselves feel special. I think it's only the Italian FA who officially sanction stars on crests.

Aye, we're wearing one this season as well, and it's a bit cringeworthy, to say the least.

Had a wee gander at an old Claret and Banter thread, and apparently it's to commemorate their FA Cup win in 1911.(!).

'Rangers last lost three games in a row in October 2000' BBC

I thought Rangers played ok last night, we certainly created far more chances but unfortunately did not take them, Hibs on the other hand took their two chances well and therefore deserved the win.

The referee had a shocker, yet again busting the myth that Rangers get more decisions.

and for everyone still using this ridiculous 'yer a new club' patter I leave you a wee video, enjoy and deal with it ;)

And you think this helps the 'same club' argument?

Good God, Ted.

Folk getting slashed in Aberdeen for example.

The incident i was talking about was a PENSIONER who was hit in the face and needed. stitches!! I have said that i accept he wasnt slashed BUT i would think any normal thinking person would be outraged at casuals attacking pensioners and leaving them needing stitches and not worrying too much how he was wounded.

It reminds me of the Rangers v Hearts thread with all the deflection...even after Ann Budge blamed both sets of fans.

The Rangers v celtic thread which was very

conveniently closed after certain posters had spent. hours joking about a kid being hit by a bottle. This after it had been openly talked about on Rangers and CELTIC forums.

So have you any other exampls?

Eta....on second thoughts dont bother. Your views mean very little to me.

There is no argument, in the real world every organisation that matters has spelled it out for you.

The video was just funny, those on the other side of the joke rarely see the humour tho, I understand mate.

How about the courts, Tedi? What's the opinion of, you know, the Law?

Nice to see you're finding some humour, still. Must help take away the pain of the moral conflict when that ST you weren't going to buy calls out to be used...

Who knows, you might start listening if they get a couple of results together.

There is no argument, in the real world every organisation that matters has spelled it out for you.

The video was just funny, those on the other side of the joke rarely see the humour tho, I understand mate.

Oh, there is an argument. There very clearly is and as WRK points out, any legal consideration of the matter would be very interesting.

Anyway, you're doing that thing of citing the views of certain figures, not because of your respect for their office, but because their utterances most closely match your preferred reading.

My fence sitting recognises a continuation, but not a seamless one, reliant on this absurd separation of club and company.

I think that adopting a view that either considers Rangers brand new; or insists nothing's changed, is daft.

You will have to point me in the direction of the court case 'are rangers a new club' :lol:

A few of his fellow fans did raise some money through the Paul McConville site and the Scottish Rangers Football Monitor website, they could not find a QC daft enough to take it on, the same obsessives did go to ASA though, how did that work out again?

'views of certain figures' you mean the SFA, SPFL and European club association? certain figures :lol: I know these guys are fear for their windaes and aww rat.

Your fence sitting is a ruse, I have never bought into it.

Of course there's not been a court case along such lines Ted. That's my point.

I don't imagine that the game's governing bodies do fear for their windows Ted, but we both know that Scotland's authorities have strived to advantage Rangers during all this, so it's no surprise what verdict they've reached. Others have taken their lead from them.

The ECA is a self centred pressure group designed to represent the interests of the bigger clubs, descended from the hideous body that was the G14. Let's not treat their view as objective please Ted - neither of us are stupid.

As for the ruse I've apparently been conducting, who am I trying to fool and why?

Archived