stirling university - full of bad 'uns

Njord

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why though? What's racist about it? It's fancy dress. There's no racism involved. They've made their skin black as part of a costume to look like a team in the African cup of nations.

Historically 'blacking up' was used to ridicule and intimidate black people. It's completely unacceptable and quite worrying that some people can't see how someone might be offended by it. Someone on The Tab article even compared it to dressing up as The Hulk :huh:. Also quite damning that out of a group of 40 people who were deemed intelligent enough to go to Uni, not one could even acknowledge how distasteful it was.

I go to Stirling Uni and there is generally nothing worse than being in the presence of a Sports Union night out. Probably all decent enough to talk to but when they're as a group they're complete arseholes, fancy themselves as massive "lads". Sadly it's not just exclusive to the football team - the hockey and rugby teams have previous for being complete embarrassments. The Uni came down hard on the hockey team last year after "busgate" and I hope they do the same here.

I don't care what anybody says. That's not racist IMO, Ricky Little blacked up for fancy dress as Eddie Murphy a few weeks ago. I imagine that the SFA will be looking into this and he will be hounded out of lower league football now.

People seeing skin colour as such a big deal have the problem.

Archived