Raith v Falkirk

I thought that at the time, confirmed with watching ffc tv highlights.

We should've had 3pts, we don't but I don't think we played well, far too many slack passes, poor control and only Taiwo turned up in the midfield for me, probably his best game for us, he knows he needs to perform to stay in the 11.

The ref was pish, I'd like to say didn't effect the result but the stonewall 2nd penalty on Duffie was missed by him and 2-0 may have killed Raith a bit more than 1-0. I thot first penalty was soft but after seeing highlights it wasn't and doesn't back up my thots he didn't give the second due to that.

Emotions through the game were 1-0 its gonna finish 1-0 and I predicted goals....1-1 ah fuk our defence and chained to posts goalie rise again. 2-1 not confident till we have a two goal cushion as again proven.

We need a new goalie next season, this ones an expensive flop as far as I'm concerned, if defenders don't clear their lines, it a risk of a goal as he doesn't command his area and give the defence confidence he is behind them and they question why he isn't there. Questionable parried shots, when it looked easier to save....we have been spoilt with McGovern but MacDonald doesn't perform to a level of his wage packet for me

How do you know what he is being paid?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know what he is being paid?

So he isn't in the fourth best paid first choice goalkeepers in the division ?

Performing no better than the bottom four least paid...

He wouldn't have come cheap, hence thankfully the one year deal

If you look hard enough you could pick flaws in almost any game of football.

Saturday wasn't a great performance but you have to applaud the spirit and fight to continue to battle away. You don't get points for possession or chances.

This is a very competitive league with very few "easy" fixtures but we have now added that bit of fight and belief to our game.

For me, points like Saturdays are brilliant. Up against it and then you pop in a last minute equaliser. That's the kind of scenes that will hopefully have those young fans coming back.

As Hank already called out the corner argument is redundant given that as long as a team continues to commit bodies onto the box someone will have to pick them up so the onus will always be with the attacking team. It's having the ability to break quickly out via the wide areas that will make a difference and with an outlet like Anderson we can do that.

What a lot of slavers

What a lot of slavers

Not really, while not in favour of having everyone back all the time, I do think the more bodies in the box from a defensive point of view the better. The attacking team has the advantage of initiative, they've got a set of movements at the set piece that the defending team can only react to. not only does every man have to be picked up, it's difficult to do so, when trying to track someone who already knows where they are going to move to, while the defender consciously starts moving after him to track. So more bodies in the box gives you an extra guy or two to pick up any runner who loses their marker, as well as restricting the open space the attacking player has to run into.

What a lot of slavers

Given how well you put across the counter argument, you've won me over.

The corner argument is based on a game of chicken, if we leave three men out the box you are hoping that the opposing team sacrifice bodies to stay behind, on theory lowering their potential from the corner.

I would argue though that teams would simply take a chance pile the bodies forward as the reward against risk is far greater. The attacking team will always dictate.

I get your logic but in theory football doesn't work like that.

In fact it's an incredibly stupid point to get your breeks in a twist about.

So he isn't in the fourth best paid first choice goalkeepers in the division ?

Performing no better than the bottom four least paid...

He wouldn't have come cheap, hence thankfully the one year deal

I asked you a simple question. I don't dispute he will be better paid than most in the league but we don't pay fortunes. If he was on much more than McGovern, if at all, I would be surprised.

I asked you a simple question. I don't dispute he will be better paid than most in the league but we don't pay fortunes. If he was on much more than McGovern, if at all, I would be surprised.

I'm sorry to disappoint but I currently don't have figures of MacDonalds wage packet, I'll see what I can do though

You have acknowledged he will be in a top bracket for the league, I'd guess before I've got the figures, he'd also be a top earner at the club this season.

If he was in the bottom four pay packets of the goalies in the division, he still wouldn't be value for money.

Money aside, he isnt good enough and simply is a poor mans Paul Mathers

I'm sorry to disappoint but I currently don't have figures of MacDonalds wage packet, I'll see what I can do though

You have acknowledged he will be in a top bracket for the league, I'd guess before I've got the figures, he'd also be a top earner at the club this season.

If he was in the bottom four pay packets of the goalies in the division, he still wouldn't be value for money.

Money aside, he isnt good enough and simply is a poor mans Paul Mathers

Not sure he will be the best paid or not TBH.

I think he has been pretty competent most of the time. We were spoiled by McGovern.

I did see the ref going across to speak to Nade in the aftermath of the goal, probably saying that he would have given it.

Callahan in the courier today. The ref told him after the game he was going to give the penalty if he hadn't scored

fair enough, well done ref!

If it was me I think I'd probably promote Bowman next season and use the McDonald money in other areas. Possibly helping to keep Loy for example.

Bowman is not for me.

After watching the highlights, I have to say that the ref got the decisions shown in them 100% spot on. That said, Falkirks second penalty claim had merit and it definitely looked a foul on Callachan prior to the corner for Falkirks second goal but neither of these were shown in the highlights.

I think it's fairly well accepted that the Rovers would have hade no complaints about a defeat on Saturday which makes picking up the point even more impressive. The desire shown by the players in the 94th minute of a match that we had been 2nd best in for large spells of was great to see.

Delighted for Callachan too, he's been a huge part of our undefeated run and none more so than on Saturday. His interview after the game was enjoyable too. Been a fan of his for a while and glad he's now a fixture in the team.

Bring on the Gers...

Bowman is not for me.

Why not, because you think he's a knob or a bad goalie?

I think he's done well any time he's been called upon (other than maybe away to Alloa last season) and arguably deserves a longer run in the team. If he is a bit of a dick and it's affecting morale or team spirit or whatever then surely we shouldn't be letting him sit on the bench either?

As long as whatever antics he seems to be getting up to isn't affecting the other players then I'd happily have him in the team if he's good enough.

Why not, because you think he's a knob or a bad goalie?

I think he's done well any time he's been called upon (other than maybe away to Alloa last season) and arguably deserves a longer run in the team. If he is a bit of a dick and it's affecting morale or team spirit or whatever then surely we shouldn't be letting him sit on the bench either?

As long as whatever antics he seems to be getting up to isn't affecting the other players then I'd happily have him in the team if he's good enough.

Cos he left a steaming poo in his teapot.

Archived