World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, SC 1/4 Final

banana

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather win next week anyway so even if we end up getting thumped today I can't really bring myself to care.

If we do win i reserve the right to go back on this chat.

I'd take today or next week, preferably both.

Don't care about the league game, and can see that being the one we actually win!

With the state of that pitch I would like to think that we have been hammering the set pieces this week in training, they could be the difference today. I hope we actually use the long throws of McGowan and Dixon unlike the last couple of weeks where we have had Dillon do the classic "come short, come short….ah I've just thrown it straight back to them" about twenty times when we had a throw in around the opposition box.

Utd SXI: Cierzniak, McGowan, Dillon, Fojut, Dixon, Paton, Butcher, Rankin, Dow, Connolly and Ciftci.

4-3-3/4-5-1, hmmmm. I've really no idea what to make of the lineup, nor how it's going to work with the pitch. Fingers crossed, I suppose.

Commons out for Celtic, good good.

Souttar, Telfer, Spittal, Bilate, Erskine, Anier on the bench, no Muirhead who seems to be getting further and further away from playing despite positive sounds in the week after he signed.

Ranton and Patkin "sitting" with Butcher given licence to roam and boot anything that moves I presume.

Not sure what to make of the team. I fear for Connolly in the sense that he'll probably not be able to influence the game with the defence no doubt hoofing aimless balls up in the general direction of Ciftci and completely bypassing him. Saying that i'm sticking with my 2-1 prediction.

Archived