Queen of the south v Falkirk

QosLoyal

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you were fucking terrible apart from one freak goal. You do not deserve it !

Don't talk with your dick out man !

The weather made the game a near farce. There was not a lot between the two sides, but when some football was played Falkirk looked slightly better.

The goal, from the hard "cross" was great play from Sibbald taking a chance, unlike the Q of S no 12 who shat out of being skelped on the coupon allowing Sibbald to get his head onto it.

There after, Falkirk were quite comfortable, Q of S never looked like scoring.

Job done.

That's the attitude. Your thick cu-t of a manager might make the trouble for you. I so want pass, pass, pass and no end product in the semis.

Hughes' style has developed now that he has decent players to work with. That's why we're heading for European football. I don't even know, nor care, who your manager is.

That was an absolute lottery in these conditions and I dont buy in to the fact that Falkirk were in some way much the better side. If anything I thought Queens passed the ball better and tried to keep the ball on the ground. In real time I thought the goal was a fluke and having watched it again it was just the type of chance wind assisted that would decide the match.

Falkirk created virtually nothing and were devoid of any attacking intent - we didnt do enough but there was absolutely nothing in the match. Falkirk defended well but to go out in such freak circumstances in a game of this importance was a sore one. Falkirk mugged us in the second half of the crucial play off match last season and they have done it again. Good luck to them in the semi as to be fair the draw was kind to us - we got home advantage and failed to deliver when we needed to.

Both teams were terrible, largely due to playing in those conditions - Falkirk slightly less so.

Delighted to make the semis.

Route one isn't 'developing your style' mate.

We have played what could be what could be described as "route one football" in one game this season - against your hammerthrowing neighbours.

And having googled it, Peter Houston is Falkirk's manager. I don't pay too much attention to the diddy leagues. Hopefully we get Falkirk in the semis as it's likely to be the easiest draw.

The wind won that game. Utterly dire conditions for a game of football.

Still, I think we closed Queens down better throughout the match, and passed the ball better too.

Interesting line up from Houstie, playing 5 in midfield after 4-4-2 has been so successful. Smith has impressed me in his last half dozen appearances and I'd certainly play him ahead of Morgan. Taiwo and Leahy also seem to be getting better and better.

The 5 in midfield also allowed Sibbald to play in the middle of the park behind the strikers, by far his best position.

I think we missed Kerr and Baird (like Queens missed Millar and Lyle) and with the wind it was impossible to compare the teams properly. Hope to see you in the play offs with us at Sevco's expense come the end of the season.

Delighted to be in the hat and well worth the trip down.

ps The terracing was absolute #bantz, haven't sang so much at a match in a long time. Down with all seated stadia...and toilets with sinks and soap.

Hughes' style has developed now that he has decent players to work with. That's why we're heading for European football. I don't even know, nor care, who your manager is.

Only developing because of wee Russell. Hughes is the gob shite mouthpiece for the brains. Bring on the northern franchise with their 1000 fans. Ross county a village team attract more

Dreadful conditions made that an awful spectacle but who cares? Winning is the only thing that matters here.

One piece of genuine quality for the goal by Leahy's volleyed cross and Sibbald's deft header won that. Completely out of place compared to most of the general play that proceeded and followed it but that's football for you.

Queens really didn't look like scoring at all after that. Absolutely no idea what to do with the wind at their backs so what pressure they did muster never threatened to produce goal scoring opportunities. Very poor tactics from them second half and obviously has to be depressingly frustrating for home supporters to watch.

Time to put the feet up and see how the other QFs unfurl.

Without question. There was comfortably over 3000 there. Nothing new though with regards to cup crowds.

Has there been a worse game of football at this stage of the Scottish Cup? Just dire stuff. Both teams were utter gash in all honesty and unfortunately for us it was Falkirk who got the goal. The goal was bizarre. I've no question had the conditions not been as they were then it would never had materialised. However, you have to play to the conditions and the boy finished it excellently.

Genuinely the first time I can recall being seriously disappointed with Queens for a good couple of seasons. A great chance at a massive day out and we completely f£ck it up by deciding not to show up. I assume Reilly was taken off as a precaution? The boy got scraps tonight. We were having no luck tonight and I thought Fowler should have changed thing. But he persisted and Falkirk dealt with is comfortably. I've been one of those who wanted to see Russell get a shot up top; I changed my mind. Woeful, just woeful.

Enjoy your day out Bairns. Would have loved to go back to Hampden but it wasn't to be this time.

On a sourer side note. Well done to the complete numpty in amongst the 'young team' who decided to throw a flair into the crowd. They wonder why the polis and stewards monitor them closely and why they are being searched at the gate? Maybe have a word amongst yourselves to tell these individuals to cut it out.

Same young team that chucked a rock at our bus before sprinting off? It's cute this wee rivalry your lot seem to be trying to manufacture.

Archived