Most Hilarious Rangers/Sevco Moment So Far

• 2 weeks later...
The Peepul trying to explain away the sectarian singing at yesterday's Hibs game on Twitter, and the torrent of whataboutery.

Wonderful stuff from the racist apologists, imagine singing about being upto your knees in nigger/paki blood then dismissing it by saying , oh well it was just some people singing it?!! Welcome to 21st century Scotland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sectarianism and racism are completely different. You have no choice in what race you are, religion however is a choice, and you are free to change from day to day. I will gladly ridicule religion in all forms. If a brainwashed religious nutter can't handle that then that's there problem.

Wonderful stuff from the racist apologists, imagine singing about being upto your knees in nigger/paki blood then dismissing it by saying , oh well it was just some people singing it?!! Welcome to 21st century Scotland

No one can control their race ,and is rightfully illegal , although that did not stop your support giving abide to a player who had the cheek to report such abuse from one of your employees

religion is a personal choice also religion is mocked in all aspects of society , the Catholic church in particular comes in for some serious abuse and ridicule on many comedians routines , should that be disallowed aswell ?

Edited by forever_blue

Sectarianism and racism are completely different. You have no choice in what race you are, religion however is a choice, and you are free to change from day to day. I will gladly ridicule religion in all forms. If a brainwashed religious nutter can't handle that then that's there problem.

What about a decent sincere person who has been motivated by their faith to do good selfless things to help vulnerable others?

Do they also merit your ridicule and contempt?

Of course, although I would argue that a decent person would do such things without the need of religion as a motivator.

I agree, but if religion plays a part in inspiring such action, where's the harm?

I'm a wishy washy sort of atheist myself, but the belief that religion only harnesses harm is facile and inaccurate.

"Frederick Douglass told in his Narrative how his condition as a slave became worse when his master underwent a religious conversion that allowed him to justify slavery as the punishment of the children of Ham. Twain described his mother as a genuinely good person, whose soft heart pitied even Satan, but who had no doubt about the legitimacy of slavery, because in years of living in antebellum Missouri she had never heard any sermon opposing slavery, but only countless sermons preaching that slavery was God’s will. With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion.“