An Idea - Live Actual Party P&B Debate/Discussion

Quentin Taranbino

Would you like to see a live debate/discussion by Parties on P&B  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a thought and happy to arrange it if people think it is worthwhile doing (hence the poll)

In the run up the election, I would reach out the main parties and invite them to send an MP/rep to participate in an online forum discussion/debate on this forum at a pre-arranged time.

Given that this forum must be one of the largest in Scotland in terms of members and activity, I would think it unlikely that they refuse to send anybody and I genuinely do think that we would get proper representatives from the party.

In terms of how it works and the logistics, most of that can be worked out further down the line if people think this is a good idea but I have fair idea in my head on how it would work in reality.

This forum is very SNP heavy, we all know that so I think other parties would be interested in spreading their word and trying to convince some posters to change their minds. It would obviously be modded throughout to ensure it's reasonably well behaved and users aren't being total bams :lol:

At present I'm unsure what work better, a Q&A session where on different nights we get a rep of each party on and they can answer user questions live on forum. Or perhaps a debate where we get a few different party members on at the same time and they can debate with a Q&A attached to it.

Might be a horrendous idea and like everything on Pie and Bov some will hate it but I think I tend to have a fairly decent track record of getting things to work on this forum that sound like a dodgy idea initially 8)

This also all hinges on Div's agreement. If it does go ahead then it could be picked up by the press etc. If people are interested in this happening then I'll take it to the boss man and see what he says.

This forum is very SNP heavy, we all know that so I think other parties would be interested in spreading their word and trying to convince some posters to change their minds. It would obviously be modded throughout to ensure it's reasonably well behaved and users aren't being total bams :lol:

You need the bams mate :ph34r: . No Murphy fitba banter. That's my conditions :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived