Police Scotland

ICTChris

It's the one model fits all strategy that's daft, like deploying armed officers to ask buskers to move along on Inverness High Street.

Maybe they were scared in case the buskers tried to banjo them.

One thing that The Caley Jags have shown us is that folk from The Sneck do know how to hit a coo's arse with a banjo ;)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know but 30-40% of searches I have carried out have been positive.

Personal use is illegal so your point is irrelevant.

So how do you think drugs should be removed from the streets?

"I don't know"

Had a feeling that would be your answer.

I wouldn't say removing people rights is the answer, We don't live in a police state after all.

"I don't know"

Had a feeling that would be your answer.

I wouldn't say removing people rights is the answer, We don't live in a police state after all.

I am police officer not a statistician.

You can score out what you like but both points are accurate.

What rights are removed?

Like most members of the public you are an expert barrack room lawyer who really knows little of the law othe than what you see on The Biĺl.

I am police officer not a statistician.

You can score out what you like but both points are accurate.

What rights are removed?

Like most members of the public you are an expert barrack room lawyer who really knows little of the law othe than what you see on The Biĺl.

Good for you. Doesn't give you the right to go about searching people on nothing more than a whim.

Unless you're going to tell me 1 in 5 people in Glasgow being subjected to non statutory searches is deemed necessary for our safety?

What rights? you are taking the piss Constable Gestapo

Good for you. Doesn't give you the right to go about searching people on nothing more than a whim.

Unless you're going to tell me 1 in 5 people in Glasgow being subjected to non statutory searches is deemed necessary for our safety?

What rights? you are taking the piss Constable Gestapo

That would suggest that 1 in 5 have been searched once each which is clearly not the case.

I search junkies and regularly find drugs ot's my job and I am proud of it.

I don't care what you or anybody else really thinks about it.

How did you know my name was Gestapo?

That would suggest that 1 in 5 have been searched once each which is clearly not the case.

Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act does allow me to search people on what you might think is a whim but what I call 14 years of knowledge.

Well you should, as if you'll forgive the pun. you're not a law into yourself.

You never answer if stopping and searching nearly 1 in 5 people in Glasgow is necessary for our safety?

Even taking those 'stats' how on earth can we accept a situation where 70% of the time you get it wrong and have done nothing but harass a innocent member of the public.

We shouldn't be. it's inexcusable

I really hope this is a wind-up.

If you are actually serious (and have constabulary duties) then shame on you. Something has gone dreadfully wrong with the 'policing by consent' model.

I really hope this is a wind-up.

If you are actually serious (and have constabulary duties) then shame on you. Something has gone dreadfully wrong with the 'policing by consent' model.

Besides the Bill is set in England, and they have a terrible record. not as bad as up here mind

http://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk/hmic/media/stop-and-search-powers-20130709.pdf

Have you got any mescaline in your stash? Always wanted to try it. Also opium. Full market rate.

Besides the Bill is set in England, and they have a terrible record. not as bad as up here mind

Something has gone wrong with the world. I'm in clashing agreement with you. Mind you, I missed the bon mot from plod first time round:

You really should, though.

Do people actually care about being searched ? Can't say it has ever bothered me. It's not like you get searched whilst on your shop down Argyle St. Only times I've been searched is on nights out with my mates.

If the officer has reasonable suspicion that I am carrying something I shouldn't be, then it's fair game.

The amount of stop and searches being carried out in Scotland strongly suggests that the power is being abused and used indiscriminately.

Do people actually care about being searched ? Can't say it has ever bothered me. It's not like you get searched whilst on your shop down Argyle St. Only times I've been searched is on nights out with my mates.

Yes. When it's 2am and have just finished babysitting, they stop me cause they thought I dropped something when I seen them.

They admit it was a leaf (Wtf?) but still stopped to search me, ask me questions and check if there were any warrants out for me.

Archived