Wrestlemania 31

Parscelona

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched main event again. No way did Lesnar blade, probably more a case that he's legitimately that tough he didn't protect himself, perhaps not .

Also much criticism of wyatt/taker match but bearing in mind Wyatt straining his ankle warming up earlier in the day , it's possible the match they had planned had to get called on the spot and if so a more than decent effort.

Dean Ambrose bump was brutal! The match was fine and there are so many potential good feuds that can come off the back of this.

I marked out like f**k at Rusev in the tank, the RKO finish, the amazing main event & cash in. As cool as the whole Rock/Ronda thing was, she can't actually compete for WWE though can she? So was a bit silly. Rock vs HHH though? Reckon that'll be Summerslam.

:yucky

I counted four other moves outside of the suplexes, if that even matters. But having that plus five variations of the Suplex isn't limited, as far as a moveset goes.

Oh, and moves are only a small part of what makes a guy. Brock Lesnar is someone who gets everything right. Selling, timing, intensity, character. He's not even close to being limited. He's one of the best around at the moment.

u okay doll?

Aye but im forever cringing at wrestling patter like that, my flatmate uses it as well <_<<_<<_<

45 suplexes and no other wrestling manoeuvre in sight = limited.

The thing about Lesnar hitting all those suplexes is that doing it is part of the character he's currently portraying, i.e. brutal b*****d who is a legit badass with backgrounds in amatuer wrestling and MMA. If he was to turn face the moves he would make would be much more varied.

Holy shit that main event was immense. Lesnar's face after Reigns blooded him. Legit celebrated when I realised Rollins was gonna win. Fantastic stuff, he totally deserves the belt after his year.

Clyde4life, on 30 Mar 2015 - 22:12, said:

Just watched main event again. No way did Lesnar blade, probably more a case that he's legitimately that tough he didn't protect himself, perhaps not .

Also much criticism of wyatt/taker match but bearing in mind Wyatt straining his ankle warming up earlier in the day , it's possible the match they had planned had to get called on the spot and if so a more than decent effort.

Watch the scene where Reigns throws him into the ring post, the hand is up and he makes connection with that before the post. Definite blade job, ref was even expecting it as he put gloves on almost instantly.

That was unexpectedly brilliant. Helped to be in the Cathouse with a good atmosphere - incredible scenes at the cash-in - but aside from having a fun night with it, every match there was worthwhile and it goes down as an excellent Mania. Having Big Show win the Battle Royal was utter nonsense and not having Wyatt batter f**k out of Taker after their match seemed a waste, but those points don't detract from how good it was overall. That main event was perfect.

Some of the spots in that ladder match by the way. Dean. Fucking. Ambrose.

With regards to the amount of blood spilled in the main event; are folk referring to Lesnar being pushed into the ring post by Reigns? That looked like genuine head to post there, Lesnar's hand wasn't near his head at the contact, and the blood started almost instantly. That looked legit hard way IMO.

Edit - Just saw Ludo's post, I'll need to watch it again.

That was put on and part of the match I think. Taker was in fantastic shape, best he's been in for years.

I hope your right but I'm with Dom Dom here I thought he was struggling.

I look reasonably fit too but after 10 mins of my first game at fives for about a year the other day I was in a similar state as the Taker. I don't think he (or me) has the lungs or the legs for it anymore.

It's as blatant a blade job as you'll get.

For one, if he legitimately smashed his head off the ring post, there's a sizeable chance he'd knock himself out. Secondly, he'd have to hit it at the perfect angle to produce that kind of blood - And it was evident that blood was always on the cards as Reigns stated pre-match that he'd make him bleed.

His head probably does make contact with the ring post, no doubt but not the impact that you're thinking would cause the mess of an obvious blade job IMO.

I thought blade job straight away, but it's a pretty subtle one if he has cause I didn't see any obviouis arm movements/cover ups for him to do it. Would need to watch back, he may have cut himself before it and used the post to open it up.

Archived