Your top 5 games of all time

Crash Bandicoot

I completed the main story of Skyrim and felt meh about it. Didn't love it the same way I loved Fallout New Vegas as lacked the humour.

I was the exact opposite.

I was expecting to love Fallout, but found the story, tone and combat a little jarring. But, then again, I didn't do much research into it and I did go into it thinking it was a (sort-of) gritty, post-apocalypse style game, so probably just my expectations didn't match the reality.

1) Resident Evil (Sega Saturn) - One of those games that I couldn't wait to finish work to get home to play.

2) PGA European Tour (Sega Megadrive) - As above. Would often get home to find my parents playing this, such was it's brilliance.

3) PES series (PS2-PS4) - Nothing more satisfying than a well worked 1 on 1 with the 'keeper finished by a glorious lob bouncing slowly into the empty net.

4) Sensible World of Soccer (Commodore Amiga 1200) - Spent ages as player manager trying to build up the Rovers to become a European cup winning team.

5) NHL series (Sega Megadrive/PS4) - Loved this on the Megadrive and revisited it after my wife got me it for Christmas. It's tremendous.

1. Ocarina of Time

2. Resident Evil 4 (own both the GameCube and Wii version)

3. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Too bad few people will ever get to play this gem)

4. Goldeneye

5. Virtua Fighter 2 (I remember going from playing games like Sonic and Street Fighter on the Mega Drive to playing this)

Edited by Fotbawmad

I prefer the side quests in Skyrim tbh.

Completed the main story very quickly then worked my way through every side quest before downloading the DLC and doing the same. Can't play it now though as the only thing I've left to do is face the Ebony Warrior but I need to be level 80 for that and im only 50. Not got the time to level up.

I think they kind of wanted everyone to do the side-quests and main storey simultaneously (which I did)...so mines was quite drawn out...I thought the storey for the main quest was class: catching and riding dragons, plus Alduin was pretty badass!! Love things like joining the Blades, Dark Brotherhood, Werewolf's etc

In no particular order....

Goldeneye - N64

Resident Evil 2 - PS2

Alien Isolation - PS4

Fallout New Vegas - PS3

Modern Warfare 4 - PS3

So many games just missing out like Mario Kart 64, Metal Gear Solid for the PS2, PES 5 and 6, Zelda 64.....the list could go on.

Edited by M0rtonfc

Totally forgot about IMO the best all round COD game. Allied Assault.

Base assault was just perfection, large teams, large maps, vehicles, lots of places to hide and ultimately much more rewarding to play in a team.

Used to spend hours after backshift playing this. Ultimate thing was to spawn kill the other side by capturing their tank and raping them.

That and placing an explosive satchel on top of theirs and lurking upstairs and watching five noobs trying to pick it up only to see it explode.

Simple pleasures.

The last of us - just gorgeous.PS4

Resident Evil - first game I played on psone and redefined how a game could be. PS1

Champ manager 93 - Amiga. Nii Lamptey!!!

Metal Gear Solid - sorry? Pre-order? MGS4 is technically better as will MGS5, but the story of it and Otacons eager for Sniper Wolf:) oh fags n drugs always helps ;)

Syphon Filter - PS1. Controversial - but I just loved it, a shitier metal gear type, but had this mission at a museum that was just the dogs bollicks.

Honourable mentions to modern warfare 2, the arkham series, wwe games, the first few Pro evos and scarface :)

Super Mario World

Goldeneye

Resident Evil 4

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

On another day I might have put Metroid Prime, Super Mario Kart, or Mario Galaxy in there instead of RE4 or SMW. The emotional resonance I have with the other 3 would probably make them impossible to shift.

In no order:

Battlefield 3 - for the online play, no FPS has come close to this yet for me.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - The satisfaction of beating the water temple is worth it.

Bioshock - "Would you kindly?" enough said.

GTA 5 - like San Andreas only much improved.

Best game I've ever played can only go to The Last of Us. Completely absorbing story, wonderful environment, great gameplay. As flawless as a game can get IMO.