The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There a three winner takes all states tonight. Two of them are going Trump and Ohio will be Kasich's first state. Trump will be happy enough with that because even with him carrying no delegates from Ohio, neither Cruz nor the busted flush that is Marco Rubio will either.

I think after tonight we can more or less pencil Trump in as the guy

The idea that Rubio will loose to Trump in his home state despite all of the upper/middle class hispanics etc is absolutely baffling, that said he really must drop out if he is beaten at home.

Cubans and Venezuelans do not vote as ethnic blocs in the same way as people from other Hispanic countries. Their voting patterns tend to be much more diverse. Those two groups, along with Puerto Ricans, make up the bulk of the Hispanic community in Florida. 

There are rumours about him from his college days that are circulating widely that undermine his appeal to religious right type voters. He also has moved away from being "tea party" when it could help him get into the senate to being mainstream establishment once he got there.

The fact that they just play the man and not the ball says a lot about Trump's competitors.

He hasn't got a ball, apart be ware of johnny foreigner and vote for a celebrity salesman instead of an experienced politician.

Someone inexperienced in politics really should be getting ripped apart.

Anyway he's 17 or so points ahead of Rubio in the Florida polls.

What a mare for Rubio. No one wants tea party politics. They might as well call it a day.

Someone inexperienced in politics really should be getting ripped apart.

Anyway he's 17 or so points ahead of Rubio in the Florida polls.

What a mare for Rubio. No one wants tea party politics. They might as well call it a day.

Kim Kardashian would probably win the Republican nomination if she stood, Republicans are clearly thick as fcuk..

The idea that Rubio will loose to Trump in his home state despite all of the upper/middle class hispanics etc is absolutely baffling, that said he really must drop out if he is beaten at home.

It just shows how gullible some people are. Trump has managed to play the anti-establishment card whilst being as about establishment as you can get.

He stands for the very corporate capitalist greed that has caused many of the US's (and the world's) problems.

The irony of him celebrating in his own private club in the Donald J Trump lounge whilst claiming he is a man of the people must be completely lost on the morons who are backing him.

It just shows how gullible some people are. Trump has managed to play the anti-establishment card whilst being as about establishment as you can get.

He stands for the very corporate capitalist greed that has caused many of the US's (and the world's) problems.

The irony of him celebrating in his own private club in the Donald J Trump lounge whilst claiming he is a man of the people must be completely lost on the morons who are backing him.

You think we want some broke ass, do gooder running the country?

I still think he'll turn round and say his candidacy was all one big joke- get ready for the celebrity apprentice on Friday night!

I think I reached this conclusion when he asked Trump supporters at a Trump rally who they'd be voting for, encouraging them to raise their hands in salute.

Good win for Kasich in Ohio. The polls show that he wins against Clinton on head to head. Trump does not.

Of course the GOP voters are too shortsighted to realise this.

Trump needs to win 59% of the remaining delegates to win outright. I'd assume that the large group of North Eastern states still to vote would favour Trump and Kasich over Cruz.

Good win for Kasich in Ohio. The polls show that he wins against Clinton on head to head. Trump does not.

Of course the GOP voters are too shortsighted to realise this.

Trump needs to win 59% of the remaining delegates to win outright. I'd assume that the large group of North Eastern states still to vote would favour Trump and Kasich over Cruz.

Kasich actually looks human. Hopefully the delegates will cotton on to the fact that the general public aren't going to elect a pig or a weasel.

Most of the remaining states are winner-takes-all contests, which makes it easier for the clear frontunner to get 59%+ on the remaining delegates. That's no accident, the system is rigged to make it easier for the leading candidate at this stage to win outright. If Trump wasn't such a nutter, the pressure would normally be building at this point for Cruz and Kasich to drop out to unify things around the clear frontrunner, so the convention can be turned into a Nuremberg Rally sort of event in terms of tolerance levels for dissenting voices.

I'm tempted to put a small bet on Paul Ryan, 50/1 to win the nomination, 100/1 to win the election. If Cruz and Trump are still gridlocked after a few ballots I think he would be more likely to get broad party support than Kasich.

Archived