Sons v Wasps 7/3/15

That decision by Dallas is mind-blowing. We had a liberal dose of good luck with Alloa's comical efforts at finishing, but Alloa really should have been down to 10 men for 90% of the match. Oh, and as for Phil Roberts, it's "Destination Junior Football" for his next big move.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed Saturday's game but there's an obvious shirt pull on Ben Gordon in that clip. Ben Gordon's top ends up almost being pulled over his head, after which he does appear to pull down his man but the first foul is on Gordon. Mind you it's all a bit academic as our predictably shit finishing ensured that we wouldn't win the game regardless.

According to Sunday mail Andrew Dallas was worth 6/10. Having seen young Andy on a few occasions I rate him.even worse than bobby madden. Suggest that woman on safeways fish counter refs next game as she probably understands the last man foul law better than daft Andy.

According to Sunday mail Andrew Dallas was worth 6/10. Having seen young Andy on a few occasions I rate him.even worse than bobby madden. Suggest that woman on safeways fish counter refs next game as she probably understands the last man foul law better than daft Andy.

I would guess the SM weren't at the game then. There were 2 clear red cards and he didn't even give fouls for either. The 1st one the far side linesman clearly stuck his flag up....could only be a red card....but Dallas didn't even talk to his own linesman

the 2nd one was even clearer....Duggan running through on goal quite clearly had his shirt pulled back....to be charitable to the ref, he allowed play to carry on....and the opportunity was missed....but to not even talk to the defender never mind send him off was inexplicable

0/10 for his performance....shockingly bad

I'd seriously doubt if the Sunday Mail had a reporter at the game. Our own Dumbarton Terrace was the only hack that I saw at the game, and I would doubt that, even if he ghost-wrote for the Sunday Mail, he would give 6/10 for that unspeakable display of refereeing.

The last known proper Sunday Mail journalist to report on our games was Brian Henson, and he's been retired since just after SEVCo 5088 wer liquidated.

There is no "last man foul" law.

The red card offense is preventing a goal-scoring opportunity. If it's not a goal-scoring opportunity then it's not necessarily a red card.

That said, the one Dallas missed, despite his assistant flagging for it, was clearly a goal-scoring opportunity. Close enough to the box that he'd have got a decent shot off to at least test the keeper. It should have been a red card and the least Dallas should be doing in that situation is consulting with the far side linesman who had a far better view of the foul than Dallas did.

Andrew Dallas was poor yesterday. Very fussy and made some bad decisions for both sides.

I'd seriously doubt if the Sunday Mail had a reporter at the game. Our own Dumbarton Terrace was the only hack that I saw at the game, and I would doubt that, even if he ghost-wrote for the Sunday Mail, he would give 6/10 for that unspeakable display of refereeing.

The last known proper Sunday Mail journalist to report on our games was Brian Henson, and he's been retired since just after SEVCo 5088 wer liquidated.

You need to look harder.

Rodger Baillie was there, a full page report of yesterdays match in The Sun today.

I missed Saturday's game but there's an obvious shirt pull on Ben Gordon in that clip. Ben Gordon's top ends up almost being pulled over his head, after which he does appear to pull down his man but the first foul is on Gordon. Mind you it's all a bit academic as our predictably shit finishing ensured that we wouldn't win the game regardless.

Thats not the point. If that did happen then neither official saw it or gave it. One official saw a foul and gave it. The ref shouldn't be over-ruling that. He has no idea what the lino saw.

You need to look harder.

Rodger Baillie was there, a full page report of yesterdays match in The Sun today.

A wee slip there?

bailie reports for the Sun, and I talk of the Sunday Mail.

Or does he report for both?

Article number 2: Mark Gilhaney on Saturday's win. He scored Alloa's goal when Dumbarton's 15-game unbeaten run started (3-1 win, October 2009)!

https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/job-nearly-done/

He'd be better off aiming his celebrations at hecklers from our own support.

Maybe it's where I sit but I don't tend to hear consistent, prolonged abuse shouted at our players. Obviously you get the usual grumbles and the odd shout which can be annoying but I'd be lying if I said I heard guys like Gils being singled out.

Nish was someone I did hear getting dished out the above, regardless of where I chose to sit.

Archived