Motherwell v Kilmarnock

My thoughts.

1. The YouTube angle doesn't help at all for the non penalty.

2. It's a red card for two yellows. Fairly obvious call.

3. Craig Samson had a typical Samson game; some excellent saves, but gave McDonald a mile to aim for at the free kick, and a daft punch nearly gave Motherwell a win.

4. Motherwell's keeper has to save that.

5. Looked like a good game despite the pitch which looks worse than Bradford's.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highlights don't seem to convey just how much power was in that shot, at the game you could hear the boom as soon as he hit it, I actually thought the ball had burst when he hit it.

If the penalty incident is the Johnson one early on then it was the most clear cut penalty you're ever likely to see. The player was going nowhere and Samson just took him out. Couldn't believe when the ref booked him for diving.

Happy with the point considering we played 45 with ten men, and it's two points dropped for 'Well more than us.

The highlights don't seem to convey just how much power was in that shot, at the game you could hear the boom as soon as he hit it, I actually thought the ball had burst when he hit it.

I tend to agree. Sitting in the Cooper I only realised it was a goal when I heard it hit the net....didn't even see it.

Just seen highlights, from them draw was fair result BUT think Westlake sending off was v harsh and Motherwell should have had a pen, if the guy had dived then the Killie players would be going mental, instead they look relieved and console the player - or are they thinking back to big Josh on the radio saying ANY touch and he falls

Archived