World Cup 2018 Qualifying

Early Swiss goal kills the game tonight.

I think that tie is already dead.

People have moaned a lot about the penalty (I did myself) but has somewhat deflected from the fact that the Swiss were by far the better side on the night.

I just can't see where NI are going to get a goal from.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

People have moaned a lot about the penalty (I did myself) but has somewhat deflected from the fact that the Swiss were by far the better side on the night.

I think most people would agree with all this the result to take them through was going to be at Windsor if anything even if it was a 0-0 draw they may have been able to do the same in Switzerland and go for pens, trying to get a win against them in Basel was never part of the plan .....oh well #daretodream and all that.

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A non penalty, perhaps.

I used to live in Denmark and am living with a Dane so naturally I'm hoping they pump the Irish. To be honest though there are only a handful of European nations I'd support Ireland against anyway. Mainly for the same reasons people don't want the English to win: they're our local rivals and we don't like hearing about their team in our media. With Ireland there's an extra level of jealously that a similarly sized country can succeed where we've failed for decades.

Caoimhin telling it exactly the way it is.

Just ashame the Yoon supporting Scotland fans don’t realise what a minter the whole thing actually is.

Our problems have f**k all to do with them so quite why I should care so much as to actually see them lose purely for playing a way that suits them.

I'd rather N Ireland won as there are more Saints players in their squad than Switzerland's.

Also we'd get a nice little 6 figure sum from a couple of our players going to the World Cup. 

Plus we'd keep Tommy longer.

The Swiss'll go through though.

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why? I would much rather they qualify than Denmark. Admittedly both teams play shite football but would give me a team to follow at WC.
The anti Irish bitterness on this thread is astounding. Jealousy I'd suspect.

Thank God for Martin O'Neill's conduct and dire football, otherwise we'd be struggling to find random reason as to why we hate the Republic of Ireland.

As far as I can tell you’re allowed to want a country your ancestors come from to win provided that country isn’t Ireland.

Of course not. In Scotland you're expected to have a 'we hate England' at football chip on your shoulder especially if you are a no voting unionist. And any ties to Celtic or heaven help the ROI makes you a RA man.

And calling the independent sovereign nation of the Republic Ireland... southern Ireland is a tad imperial.

Gotta love us Scots.

Archived