World Cup 2018 Qualifying

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Why? I would much rather they qualify than Denmark. Admittedly both teams play shite football but would give me a team to follow at WC.
The anti Irish bitterness on this thread is astounding. Jealousy I'd suspect.

Out of interest why would you "much rather" Ireland qualified?  

What have Denmark done to make you hold these views? 

Out of interest why would you "much rather" Ireland qualified?  
What have Denmark done to make you hold these views? 

My mothers Irish mate. Mentioned several times over several years on this forum. You will see I'm a big poster on the GAA thread. I'm not a great fan of their rugby team mind; tad arrogant. I also hold duel citizenship.

The Irish are a great bunch of lads - after the Euro qualifying campaign, where we took 4pts of them, most of them were very gracious,not bitter, and wished us well in  the hunt for second place. Of course we fúcked that up and ended up coming fourth though.

They play terrible, unattractive football to watch, but at at least they deserve to have one - we should have folded after the independence vote.

Hoping they'll do the business in Dublin and win 1-0. 

I hope they do it and qualify,  the anger will be  utterly glorious from the red-faced bitters

My half brother has lived in Denmark for years and his two wives (one an ex) and his three children are all Danish. Therefore I hope the Red and White Dynamite put the bog dwelling Murphys to the sword in the second leg. Tough ask though...

My only issue with Ireland is their colossal bellend of a manager. Their style of football is eye-bleedingly awful, but they aren't exactly the only international team you can say that about.

Not to mention their bellend assistant manager.

I've backed the RoI in the past but this current team are an abomination.

I want the Danes to win purely because this Eire side kills any game they're involved in. O'Neill's done a great job with them, and their style of play is necessary, but it guarantees three games (at least) that will be murder for a neutral to sit through. I've rooted for them at tournaments before, but they're wearing the black hats now

Plus, Denmark is one of those countries that I just like to see at the big tournament. I don't think it's gong to happen though; it's hard to imagine anything other than a 1-0 Ireland win in the second leg.

Pretty much this...
Everyone is up for the game here but it's more in  hope than anything, you never know but It would be some achievement if they got anything tonight. 

I don’t think it’s a big ask for the Irish tonight. I can see them grinding out something

Archived