TMSTID v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game was meant to be Monday night, on Monday night they brought it forward to 12:15 on Saturday.

Gutting for those Aberdeen fans but at least they don't need to travel to Dundee #Bants #WeH8DundeeMoreThanYou

Gutting for those Aberdeen fans but at least they don't need to travel to Dundee #Bants #WeH8DundeeMoreThanYou

Not to mention it was already on the Saturday but moved to Monday so it could be televised.. Despite it now being on the Saturday again... Televised...

Not to mention it was already on the Saturday but moved to Monday so it could be televised.. Despite it now being on the Saturday again... Televised...

This is what really pisses me off. BT had a slot available on Saturday lunchtime, but they preferred Monday night. In hindsight it was always likely that the game would be moved back to Saturday. It presumably doesn't cause BT any great inconvenience or they'd have gone for Saturday lunchtime in the first place. The SPFL didn't stand up for the supporters and tell BT it should stay on the Saturday. BT obviously don't care about the supporters. That's not their job, but it's clear the SPFL don't give a toss either.

Well done to Derek McInnes for speaking out and stating the obvious.

Our supporters' club had a long standing booking for a bus the Saturday. We managed to get it switched to the Monday. Now we can't get it for the Saturday.

This is what really pisses me off. BT had a slot available on Saturday lunchtime, but they preferred Monday night. In hindsight it was always likely that the game would be moved back to Saturday. It presumably doesn't cause BT any great inconvenience or they'd have gone for Saturday lunchtime in the first place. The SPFL didn't stand up for the supporters and tell BT it should stay on the Saturday. BT obviously don't care about the supporters. That's not their job, but it's clear the SPFL don't give a toss either.

In fairness, even though they have two channels, BT do try and avoid clashes between Scottish and English games on their channels. That's which is why they use the Friday and Monday slots as much as possible.

At risk of causing raucous laughter at the suggestion, do Motherwell and/or Hamilton have any regular internationals? If not, it would have made more sense for Dundee v Aberdeen tomorrow and Motherwell v Hamilton on Monday (bearing in mind that these games were shifted before the original rescheduled date for the Celtic game).

Back to football...

I have no idea how this will go as a contest as I haven't seen my team play for what feels like half a season. I can vaguely recall some of the names of our squad though and from memory I hope that Harkins has a very good game as on his day he is a bit special.

In fairness, even though they have two channels, BT do try and avoid clashes between Scottish and English games on their channels. That's which is why they use the Friday and Monday slots as much as possible.

At risk of causing raucous laughter at the suggestion, do Motherwell and/or Hamilton have any regular internationals? If not, it would have made more sense for Dundee v Aberdeen tomorrow and Motherwell v Hamilton on Monday (bearing in mind that these games were shifted before the original rescheduled date for the Celtic game).

McGovern - the best keeper in the Premiership - is usually part of the Northern Ireland squad and Stephen Hendrie - one of the worst LBs in the Premiership - is occasionally part of the Scotland u21s squad but he's injured atm.

Not sure about Motherwell

McGovern - the best keeper in the Premiership - is usually part of the Northern Ireland squad and Stephen Hendrie - one of the worst LBs in the Premiership - is occasionally part of the Scotland u21s squad but he's injured atm.

Not sure about Motherwell

post-32505-1426764220523_thumb.jpg

That's an absolute shambles. It doesn't affect me personally but it'll undoubtedly affect a large chunk of those who had planned to go.

Surely someone knew there was a risk of international call-ups before scheduling the game?

It's a ludicrous state of affairs.

They don't schedule Premiership games for international breaks - so why on earth would you reschedule one when there is a quite clear possibility of players being called-up?

This only 10 days after SFA and SPFL put a cup replay plus a rescheduled league game (Dundee v Celtic and Celtic v Dundee Utd respectively) on the same night, leaving the previous midweek unused, despite Celtic having no other free midweeks before the split.

Bizarre.

FFS they've changed it to the Friday night now? I despair. :(

Easy seeing I'm of tomorrow - weekend mode! Well spotted Rumps.

I think so far I have put this game on 3 different days and about 5 different times - the lack of football routine has broken me :(

Impressive work by the BBC here in Jim Spence's story about the game being rescheduled. In case they correct it, this is the pic they put up originally. You don't have to be a particularly studious follower of Scottish football to spot a problem here.

2j4a3pk.jpg

To be fair I thought that was Kevin Thomson and that black shirt could have been dark blue.

But from a professional journalist they should probably be able to do better.

Archived