Morton v Ayr

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I've been a fan of McCall since he's taken over - I think he has to take a bit of the blame for not sticking on Neill and Campbell towards the end. The first would have been prevented in my opinion with an extra big man in there. The timing of the Nisbet sub was just a bit strange for me.

As much as I've been a fan of McCall since he's taken over - I think he has to take a bit of the blame for not sticking on Neill and Campbell towards the end. The first would have been prevented in my opinion with an extra big man in there. The timing of the Nisbet sub was just a bit strange for me.

He seems to really want to give Nisbet game time but doesn't appear to know how to use him. I wasn't there on Saturday but bringing him on for Preston in the 85th minute against Stenny the week before was bizarre. There would have been merit in bringing him on for say Murray with 15-20 minutes to go and playing him and Preston as a two given the way the game had gone, but taking off your target man when pressing for a winner and resorting to pumping the ball long to Nisbet and Forrest is pretty awful game management.

Spot on. Superb scenes.

Indeed.

From about 4.30pm my 9 year old son had been moaning that he wanted to leave early, which was exactly how he acted during the last home games against Forfar, Airdrie and Peterhead. Each time I fobbed him off with "wait a while, we might score" - even when it was clear that we wouldn't.

Last Saturday the equaliser fair woke him up from his moaning, but the sight of him running back up the terracing to hug me when the winner went in will certainly stay with me. :)

Indeed.

From about 4.30pm my 9 year old son had been moaning that he wanted to leave early, which was exactly how he acted during the last home games against Forfar, Airdrie and Peterhead. Each time I fobbed him off with "wait a while, we might score" - even when it was clear that we wouldn't.

Last Saturday the equaliser fair woke him up from his moaning, but the sight of him running back up the terracing to hug me when the winner went in will certainly stay with me. :)

Good on you m8 :thumsup2

Good on you m8 :thumsup2

Indeed.

Can there be a better feeling as a supporter than a last minute winner? Especially when you are staring at defeat just moments earlier. Ordinarily a 2-1 home win woudn't be something to remember but the circumstances of this one turn it into a 'I was there' type event.

David Hutton is the ultimate fanny. I thank him for all the time he wasted as it was added on at the end :lol: GIRUY

Not sure I get the logic behind the lols here, the referee only added on the time you lost, so you still had exactly the same amount of time to score a goal as you would have had if he hadn't 'time wasted'.

As heartwarming as that sounds, had you dragged him one-handed all the way down to the bottom of the terracing you'd have had a much better chance of going viral*

*sadly I can't find that particular clip on youtube, so AT may not have the slightest idea what I'm rambling about

Not sure I get the logic behind the lols here, the referee only added on the time you lost, so you still had exactly the same amount of time to score a goal as you would have had if he hadn't 'time wasted'.

We never looked like scoring until the end. Had your muppets just got on with the game there wouldn't have been enough time for our players to finally get the finger out and get the win.

We never looked like scoring until the end. Had your muppets just got on with the game there wouldn't have been enough time for our players to finally get the finger out and get the win.

I'm an Airdrie fan.

And you still don't seem to understand the concept of stoppage time, you weren't given any extra time due to time wasting, you were just given back the time that you lost. So there would have been enough time to 'get the finger out' as you'd have had exactly the same amount of time to score as you would have had there been no time wasting. You're clearly not the brightest though, so I'll leave it.

I'm an Airdrie fan.

And you still don't seem to understand the concept of stoppage time, you weren't given any extra time due to time wasting, you were just given back the time that you lost. So there would have been enough time to 'get the finger out' as you'd have had exactly the same amount of time to score as you would have had there been no time wasting. You're clearly not the brightest though, so I'll leave it.

I'm glad you're able to come to this assumption considering you weren't at the game.

A wee heads up, folks.

Just heard an announcement in Central station that Gourock and Wemyss Bay trains are suspended until further notice due to problems with the overhead wires.

A wee heads up, folks.

Just heard an announcement in Central station that Gourock and Wemyss Bay trains are suspended until further notice due to problems with the overhead wires.

Cheers mate, i'll phone everyone from last week and let them know.

Archived