Morton v Ayr

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a horrible feeling the psychological damage inflicted today could prove terminal. How do you take the positives out of that? Up to Ayr Utd to prove me wrong. Hopefully they can in time for next week's post-Brechin 'Meet the Players' event, but I fear that is us in the play-offs.

You can't say either Morton goal was down to a gross Ayr error, sure the first could have been defended better but a pen box stramash is standard stuff at League 1 level, and the second was a decent goal flowing as much from renewed belief as anything.

The only positives I can find are that half the Morton crowd missed both goals as they started leaving with 10 mins still to go (funny), and the Ayr away fans and the team are still united. Everyone stayed to clap them off at the end and the players responded despite how they must have been feeling. Feeling gutted though...

If you'd been offered the chance to keep the gap to Stenny at 1 point before today's fixtures I'd guess most fans would have taken that. And sounds like you played pretty well. Stenny now have the 5 toughest games you could have in this league, so it's not too bad a day really. Although obviously it must feel gutting at the moment.

Backs to the wall near the end ? No, it wasn't . Ayr were in total control for 46 minutes of the second half. Morton didn't look like scoring at any point in that 46 minutes. If Preston's 1 on 1 had resulted in a goal the scoreline would have been a fair reflection of the second half. Morton were by far the better team in the first period but overall Ayr deserved to win the game.

The Morton fans were incredible and I reckon with a support like that their players must be so grateful to them. It's a pity they only arrived at Cappielow in the 92nd minute. Poorest support I've seen this season.

Emmm.....the term rancid soor grapes springs tae mind.....suck on em looser!!!

I don't really remember much time wasting, in fact our goalie wasn't even doing that hing where you take it to the other side.

Why we only made 1 sub and it was a boy who was going to contribute f**k all anyway is completely beyond me , well done McCall you chucked it away

Backs to the wall near the end ? No, it wasn't . Ayr were in total control for 46 minutes of the second half. Morton didn't look like scoring at any point in that 46 minutes. If Preston's 1 on 1 had resulted in a goal the scoreline would have been a fair reflection of the second half. Morton were by far the better team in the first period but overall Ayr deserved to win the game.

The Morton fans were incredible and I reckon with a support like that their players must be so grateful to them. It's a pity they only arrived at Cappielow in the 92nd minute. Poorest support I've seen this season.

If you call wasting time the whole of the second half being in control fill your boots you got what you deserved.

If you call wasting time the whole of the second half being in control fill your boots you got what you deserved.

We didn't really waste time, we did what any team would do and use the clock "wisely" (or so we thought :bairn) . wasting time is the goalie going to the opposite side, using all 3 subs but the players being at the far side and walking, taking it to the corner flag etc.

We still managed to make attacks and force saves from your keeper and probably should have been 3 up if someone would take Robbie Crawford for finishing training

I am lead to believe David RObertson "completed" his first ever 90 mins today (he was done after 55/60 mins)

I don't really remember much time wasting, in fact our goalie wasn't even doing that hing where you take it to the other side.

Why we only made 1 sub and it was a boy who was going to contribute f**k all anyway is completely beyond me , well done McCall you chucked it away

You are having a laugh that is what cost your team.

At least you're taking the defeat well .

Not taking it at all well. It was a a sickening end for all Ayr fans and you guys definitely have the bragging rights as you won the 3 points. I don't see any argument on the points though.

Archived