Morton v Ayr

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose we mugged Morton twice this season so maybe we had it coming. Glad I missed the game now. Not sure why we left big Campbell on the bench towards the end when it was presumably backs to the wall stuff. A development league centre half and a goalkeeper who's boots are stapled to the turf at cross balls aren't what you need in these circumstances.

At least Stenny got beat.

Gastons 1 on 1 save with about 10 mins to go was ridiculous. Could be so vital!

Absolutely Tiger....Gats is probably our most improved player over time ...mibees challenged by O'Ware...buts he's my pick.

I, for one, am disappointed that Duffy's still going to be in a job. Once again, his shuffling of players around the same positions instead of actually attempting to change his tactics (and thus the game) proved hugely ineffective. Those were glorious scenes, yes, but we really need to improve. Onwards and upwards, as they say.

Brings back memories of our two goals in injury time victory over Airdrie in April 2013.

When news came through that Morton had lost to Dumfermline I was convinced that this was the pivotal moment in our pursuit of the title.

Is this yours?

I suppose we mugged Morton twice this season so maybe we had it coming. Glad I missed the game now. Not sure why we left big Campbell on the bench towards the end when it was presumably backs to the wall stuff. A development league centre half and a goalkeeper who's boots are stapled to the turf at cross balls aren't what you need in these circumstances.

At least Stenny got beat.

Backs to the wall near the end ? No, it wasn't . Ayr were in total control for 46 minutes of the second half. Morton didn't look like scoring at any point in that 46 minutes. If Preston's 1 on 1 had resulted in a goal the scoreline would have been a fair reflection of the second half. Morton were by far the better team in the first period but overall Ayr deserved to win the game.

The Morton fans were incredible and I reckon with a support like that their players must be so grateful to them. It's a pity they only arrived at Cappielow in the 92nd minute. Poorest support I've seen this season.

Backs to the wall near the end ? No, it wasn't . Ayr were in total control for 46 minutes of the second half. Morton didn't look like scoring at any point in that 46 minutes. If Preston's 1 on 1 had resulted in a goal the scoreline would have been a fair reflection of the second half. Morton were by far the better team in the first period but overall Ayr deserved to win the game.

The Morton fans were incredible and I reckon with a support like that their players must be so grateful to them. It's a pity they only arrived at Cappielow in the 92nd minute. Poorest support I've seen this season.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn:bairn

Sorry we can't all applaud our team off the pitch after a defeat :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here we go.

At least you're taking the defeat well ????.

I have a horrible feeling the psychological damage inflicted today could prove terminal. How do you take the positives out of that? Up to Ayr Utd to prove me wrong. Hopefully they can in time for next week's post-Brechin 'Meet the Players' event, but I fear that is us in the play-offs.

You can't say either Morton goal was down to a gross Ayr error, sure the first could have been defended better but a pen box stramash is standard stuff at League 1 level, and the second was a decent goal flowing as much from renewed belief as anything.

The only positives I can find are that half the Morton crowd missed both goals as they started leaving with 10 mins still to go (funny), and the Ayr away fans and the team are still united. Everyone stayed to clap them off at the end and the players responded despite how they must have been feeling. Feeling gutted though...

Archived