Scouting Structure

We keep hearing about the need for a scouting network ,but on the Rangers Website there is no fewer than twenty names listed as Academy Scouts? Are these guys still there? Are they not capable of spotting a player?

I am sure many of us on here feel we know of or have seen players that look like they might make it!

Seems like another feeble excuse for the fact the coaching has been dire for years!

I think the priority is sorting out a viable business plan having spunked £70 million and MA loans I would have thought that unless King is going to keep you running or have another share issue but if you can't get back on the AIM then it will be the fans and rightfully you will want to see some plan. A restructuring of your scouting would take money, paying off existing staff hiring new ones, who oversees those appointments, how long do you give it to show signs of success.

It is very much a long term project and determined on a certain stability within the club does that seem likely ?

I think the priority is sorting out a viable business plan having spunked £70 million and MA loans I would have thought that unless King is going to keep you running or have another share issue but if you can't get back on the AIM then it will be the fans and rightfully you will want to see some plan. A restructuring of your scouting would take money, paying off existing staff hiring new ones, who oversees those appointments, how long do you give it to show signs of success.

It is very much a long term project and determined on a certain stability within the club does that seem likely ?

I think the fans will have to give up on seeing decent football any time soon. They need to see the company on an even footing first.

They won't allow that though. Pleasing.

Does anybody know if all these staff are still employed? What do they do at present?

Given the stories of lots being made redundant by the previous board there is a lot of staff still listed. or is the website way out of date??

I always thought their attitude to scouting was sign anyone that plays well against you. So that signing them would weaken your opponents?

No need for any "youth" malarky, you just need more money than the others.............oh, right. :unsure2:

You only have to Look at Southampton to see how valuable it is to get the good young players in.

If they could have hung onto the players they bought/developed over the last 10 years that would be some team.

Rangers and Celtic have historically bought up the good players developed by other clubs so have no need for a decent structure.

Obviously just Celtic now

I wonder if Celtic's recent cup win would have been so easy if Dundee United had been able to retain the two young players Celtic bought.

BTW ........a word to the wise, my 9 year old Grandson has just been signed up :lol:

BTWW.....How is young Templeton doing at Ibrox?

“We attempt to keep ahead of the game,” he said. “We don’t have a scouting system but we still watch players and look at those who are out of contract. Our IT guy, wee Stevie Harvey, keeps us up to speed with that and [assistant manager] Kenny McDowall, [coach] Ian Durrant, myself and [goalkeeping coach] big Jim Stewart watch the football.

What's wrong with wee Stevie?

Nobody has yet given me any clue as to what the twenty academy scouts are doing?

Is "no scout System" a lot of bollocks??

How have Alloa managed to sign Chopra??

Chopra signing for Alloa is no different than Stevie Crawford was signing for East Fife. Maybe Chopra is using this for coaching experience or keeping his fitness levels up??. Even Darren Mackie at only 33 was playing in the Highland League with Turriff Utd.

Rangers signing players well past their best is not the route they should go down, but then they have a lot of previous for this and paying them huge wads for not being any better than other less well known players within the squad. Jermaine Jenas anyone??

My point regarding Chopra was that Alloa must have a scouting system!

Why would signing Chopra be a result of a scouting system, he was out of contract?. I doubt anyone connected with Alloa either watched him play for Blackpool or watched him play in the U.S. thinking he would be just the player they were looking for to provide competition up front for Liam Buchanan or Grieg Spence. :lol:

In any case most or any clubs and their managers worth their salt at most levels have some sort of scouting system or at least contacts who will alert them to certain players. Even clubs in the Juniors have this, which makes it more laughable why a club the size of Rangers and with all that cash that was available during the last 2 and a half years didn't. There are people around the country who would scout for Rangers in their own time for free, but yet....

Rangers have been the worst example of a football club in our lifetime wasting the available resources. Its quite gob smacking to see this as fact and then compare what smaller more resourceful and less wasteful clubs have done in putting a team together, example both Hearts and Hibs hit rock bottom for different reasons but since then have turned themselves around with much less and are ahead of a Rangers team who's players are on what wage??.

Archived