Away Supporters in Scottish football

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it bizarre that someone would choose to watch a game on telly instead of going to watch their team if they had the opportunity.

is it not the fact that if you work in Motherwell and finish at 5.30 or 6pm there is no way to get to Aberdeen on a Friday night, which is a stupid night to be playing games, all of which should be played on a Saturday or Sunday.

I put Killie as mine. Always liked a trip to Rugby Park as it's not far to travel to and usually have something to eat in the Park Hotel before the game.

Have to say that's a really good survey compared to some of the pish folk on here want people to fill out usually. Good luck with it, and I'd be fascinated to see the results.

Also Im pretty sure I'm in the photo you've used!!!

I'm not in it :(

Recognised a few faces though, and took my shoes off for the Champions a few times, so am pretty sure I was at that game!

Good survey too. I did a dissertation years ago on the 10,000 all-seater rule, when this kind of online survey was a lot more rare. I was worried I didn't have enough forms completed, so got my mates to help me fill in heaps of forms, using our left hands to pretend we were kids etc. Was pathetic. Don't think it fooled my supervisor. Rest of the dissertation was shit hot though (Hibs and County were by far the most helpful clubs, the Hearts guy was a cock).

Good luck with it Jake!

I'm not in it :(

Recognised a few faces though, and took my shoes off for the Champions a few times, so am pretty sure I was at that game!

Good survey too. I did a dissertation years ago on the 10,000 all-seater rule, when this kind of online survey was a lot more rare. I was worried I didn't have enough forms completed, so got my mates to help me fill in heaps of forms, using our left hands to pretend we were kids etc. Was pathetic. Don't think it fooled my supervisor. Rest of the dissertation was shit hot though (Hibs and County were by far the most helpful clubs, the Hearts guy was a cock).

Good luck with it Jake!

I think it was Dundee away in our first year in the SPL but don't quote me on that, I was very drunk.

It amazes me that you even get home supporters sometimes. I'm genuinely impressed our numbers haven't plummeted (too badly) considering we've won a game at home all season. Same story for Thistle last season. I'm pretty much in it for the away matches, home is a bit of a chore sometimes since I don't have the same excuse to get blind drunk. :P

Also form filled out as well. Tynecastle for me. If I had too, I'd probably go for Easter Road, Firhill and Rugby Park after that.

Archived