Rangers VS Alloa

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant night! Just home. We sat too deep at 1-0 up and it seemed only a matter of time before we'd concede an equaliser (I actually text my dad at this stage to tell him we'd just done a David Narey), I was just hoping we'd hold out until the 94th minute but wasn't to be.

Excuse me?

Probably meaning they scored too early. An inaccurate comparison, as the Brazil side Narey scored against was massively superior to ours. Alloa scored against a team that are slightly better on paper, but absolutely fucking shite in reality.

Yeah spot on jupe. Definitely wasn't having a go at Narey banana. At half time yesterday I could only really see 0-0 as the only way we were going to get something from the game. Were we to go ahead then that is something we really needed to do in injury time but scoring too early ( your Dave Narey example above) in the second half meant we were going to be on the end of an onslaught for over half an hour which I knew would be too long for us to hold out. Even at 0-1 I was thinking 'I'd be quite happy with a 1-1'. Thankfully your last sentence is true and after going behind we somehow managed to grab our own equaliser.

This was always going to happen. The Sevco squad is Championship-level at very best. They have no-where near the quality of players Hearts and Hibs possess. 2 teams which I have no doubt will be in the Premiership next season.

Still can't believe that last night incredible fight by the boys to go 2-1 down and still have the desire to keep fighting and score an equalizer that desire to never give up will hopefully keep us up this season. Have they blamed our pitch yet. :thumsup2

The whole 'this Rangers squad is a Championship squad at best' is rubbish. Guys like Boyd, Bell, Law, McGregor, Black, Wallace should all be better than that. They are all bottom 6 top flight players at the least. The squad is massively underachieving and should be hammering the four teams they have drawn with in recent weeks.

The club is an utter embarrassment.

It's magnificient viewing.

If they're as good as you say there are, even without trying, they would still romp the league surely?

He didn't equate them to the all conquering Barca team of five years ago, he said they were at least bottom six quality Premiership players. Which they are, it's a reasonable comment. There's no particular reason though to believe that bottom six quality Premiership players, demotivated and having had the life sucked out of them by the current Ibrox debacle, should "romp the league". Whilst I'm not one of the "there's little difference between the bottom of the Premier and top of the Championship" preachers (there is, and clubs generally are in the division they are for a reason), the fact is the difference isn't great and form and confidence can certainly overcome it.

Fact is Rangers, whilst horribly over-rated coming into the season, particularly defensively, still have better players in most positions than most of the clubs at this level. They are simply not performing.

The whole 'this Rangers squad is a Championship squad at best' is rubbish. Guys like Boyd, Bell, Law, McGregor, Black, Wallace should all be better than that. They are all bottom 6 top flight players at the least. The squad is massively underachieving and should be hammering the four teams they have drawn with in recent weeks.

The club is an utter embarrassment.

It's magnificient viewing.

The company doesn't seem to be in great shape, either...

Archived