Rangers VS Alloa

Would you have taken Boyd at the start of the season? Of course you would. Black would easily get picked up by a top flight team as would McGregor.

Black has never been anything other than average

Didn't he also struggle to find a club after he left Hearts for a while before Sevco came along?

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Sevco's problem be that after 2 season of winning games at a canter, they have come up against teams of their own 'realistic' level?

The likes of the McCulloch and Black et al earning 4 and 5 figure wages each week must be a factor, making more a week than my lot in a season and all they had to do for this vast sum is turn up.

And I can't set any of the blame on the current state of the club, on or off the park as a factor. Most signed for the club knowing the state it was in, but chose the easy option of full time football against predominantly part time clubs. Be careful what you wish for!

Alloa have competed very well aginst them this season, and were very fortunate to leave the Indodrill not so long ago with a narrow 1-0 win, and having held them twice at Ibrokes, we have faired pretty well against the underachievers.

What rabbit will the SPFL pull out a hat now to get their 'darlings' back in the top flight?

I would have take Boyd at the start of the season, but he's a year older now and he has had an utterly dreadful season.

I think he's finished.

Black is a complete rat of a man. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the club even if he had ability.

McGregor is a St Mirren reject. No thanks.

So you would have taken Boyd in the top flight, along with many other teams, hence he's playing below that level currently? Exactly what I said.

Black is a dick but when has that stopped clubs before?

Yeah cause you never sign St Mirren rejects. How did Lee Mair get on?

Football fans are incredibly fickle.

If they're as good as you say there are, even without trying, they would still romp the league surely?

Most of them have had it easy for the last three years, training a few hours a week, no need for fitness or working on tactics\set pieces etc.

They downed tools a long time and there is no way that McCall can suddenly get them fit or get them to play.

13 are out of contract in a few months and if I was Stuart I'd go with mostly youth players for our remaining games and see what happens. Boyd and McCulloch should be the first to be told to get to EFF, playing McCulloch as a defender has caused most of our problems this season.

That Alloa equaliser is a beautiful goal, rightly praised on SSN this morning. Did anyone see the 20 second clip posted on twitter last night, presumably from a Rangers fan in the main stand of the subs warming up at half time? Alloa's were engaged an impressive looking one touch drill. Rangers' were just all doing their own thing, one punted the ball to a fellow sub who wasn't looking and one of the groundsmen had to retrieve it!

I would take Bell, Law and Wallace from that Rangers team.

The rest are either finished or not good enough.

I would say our catering staff are doing an okay job this season as things stand, tbf 8)

13 are out of contract in a few months and if I was Stuart I'd go with mostly youth players for our remaining games and see what happens. Boyd and McCulloch should be the first to be told to get to EFF, playing McCulloch as a defender has caused most of our problems this season.

I agree.

With those players leaving, and presumably the finances freed up, McCall has an excellent opportunity to put a decent squad together at the end of the season.

It's probably in his, and 'Rangers', best interests on the field to stay in the Championship next season as youngsters can be blooded and the squad would be given the chance to gel - and refreshingly I've heard a good few 'Rangers' fans say this themselves over the last few weeks.

Next season 'Rangers' will be a much, much better team.

Youngster won't be blooded next season.

They cannot risk another season in the championship if these youngsters don't hit the ground running.

I foresee events being played out exactly the same way as they did when they started out in Division 3

They'll signed Premiership players on overinflated wages in an attempt to win promotion.

The fans won't accept it either, if the team isn't romping towards the title next season, Ibrox will be like a ghost town

Archived