WC2018 - *EPIC* Last Man Standing.

HibeeJibee

On 09/11/2017 at 10:11, cal234ey said:
cal234ey... Nicaragua, Bermuda, Qatar, Canada, Saudi Arabia, China, Japan, Brazil, Australia, Ghana, South Korea, USA, Costa Rica, Spain, Portugal, Bosnia and Herzegovina, New Zealand, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Italy, Norway, Greece.

Round 23: Tunisia

Round 24: Peru

On 12/11/2017 at 11:08, Bully Wee Villa said:
Into week 24 and
[mention=22403]cal234ey[/mention] has FINALLY lost a life!

The DRC won while Tunisia settled for the draw they needed to ensure qualification for Russia 2018.

The big question though is whether Last Man Standing will still be going next June?

It's Switzerland v Northern Ireland in Cal234ey's pick today and my selection of Italy v Sweden tomorrow.

If one wins and the other doesn't, we will have a Champion. If both win we carry on to the Finals. We also carry on if both fail to win.

Where did I get that @cal234ey had picked Switzerland from? Even if he wanted to, he can't because he had already picked them in an earlier round.

He actually picked Peru.

So Peru win in ninety minutes against New Zealand and Cal is the Champion... otherwise we carry on to Russia.

Apologies. If you thought it was embarrassing when Rod Stewart did the Scottish Cup draw...

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

19 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Where did I get that @cal234ey had picked Switzerland from? Even if he wanted to, he can't because he had already picked them in an earlier round.

He actually picked Peru.

So Peru win in ninety minutes against New Zealand and Cal is the Champion... otherwise we carry on to Russia.

Apologies. If you thought it was embarrassing when Rod Stewart did the Scottish Cup draw...

:lol:

Oh dear. Not sure how I didn't notice either!

[emoji38]
Oh dear. Not sure how I didn't notice either!

b*****ds!! 
Well done BWV!
Sudden death makes it interesting now. Might have to tune in to cheer on Switzerland.

Please don't tell me you sat through the Switzerland game just because of me...

[emoji52]

16th March 2015.

Scottish Nationalists lick their wounds after narrowly losing the independence referendum, but at least they have the consolation of still being in the EU. Donald Trump remains a laughing stock. An American Alan Sugar with less taste and shitter hair.

In football, Scottish football is in flux. New club "The Rangers" have come from nowhere to reach the giddy heights of the Championship. With Celtic looking vulnerable under the hapless Ronny Deila, the only certainty is that Hibs will never, ever, win the cup again.

South of the border, Aston Villa are heading to the FA Cup Final and, led by the inspirational Tim Sherwood, look to have finally put years of misery behind them. Across the Midlands, Leicester City seem doomed to spend the 2015-16 season in the second tier.

More importantly, though, that was the date that a journey, a story, an Odyssey began. That journey... was the 2018 World Cup Last Man Standing competition.

872 matches have been played, 2,454 goals have been scored. Excitement continued to grow as HibeeJibee would always race to update the list of participants, quite selflessly. At least until he got knocked out and couldn't be arsed any more. His replacement would bring the competition into disrepute due to his inability to tell the difference between Peru and Switzerland. Luckily that idiot will remain nameless. Ahem.

I've collected my runners-up medal and wiped away the tears. All that's left is to stand aside and allow the winner to collect his trophy, as he prepares for the civic reception, and another of those crazy, crazy nights for which Inverness has become so famous.

Congratulations to our Champion...

[mention=22403]cal234ey[/mention] !

20171114_205858.jpg.eb7ce127c7d41270c2fbc2ace49502bd.jpg

16th March 2015.

Scottish Nationalists lick their wounds after narrowly losing the independence referendum, but at least they have the consolation of still being in the EU. Donald Trump remains a laughing stock. An American Alan Sugar with less taste and shitter hair.

In football, Scottish football is in flux. New club "The Rangers" have come from nowhere to reach the giddy heights of the Championship. With Celtic looking vulnerable under the hapless Ronny Deila, the only certainty is that Hibs will never, ever, win the cup again.

South of the border, Aston Villa are heading to the FA Cup Final and, led by the inspirational Tim Sherwood, look to have finally put years of misery behind them. Across the Midlands, Leicester City seem doomed to spend the 2015-16 season in the second tier.

More importantly, though, that was the date that a journey, a story, an Odyssey began. That journey... was the 2018 World Cup Last Man Standing competition.

872 matches have been played, 2,454 goals have been scored. Excitement continued to grow as HibeeJibee would always race to update the list of participants, quite selflessly. At least until he got knocked out and couldn't be arsed any more. His replacement would bring the competition into disrepute due to his inability to tell the difference between Peru and Switzerland. Luckily that idiot will remain nameless. Ahem.

I've collected my runners-up medal and wiped away the tears. All that's left is to stand aside and allow the winner to collect his trophy, as he prepares for the civic reception, and another of those crazy, crazy nights for which Inverness has become so famous.

Congratulations to our Champion...
[mention=22403]cal234ey[/mention] !

20171114_205858.jpg.eb7ce127c7d41270c2fbc2ace49502bd.jpg

Thanks BWV!

It’s a shame we didn’t make it to Russia but that means we can have a WC last man standing where I defend my crown (and go out with my first pick).

I’d like to thank the squads of my winning teams. They may not win the World Cup, some didn’t even qualify but they can console themselves with the fact that they took part in something bigger and won one game when it really mattered.

Tunisia can f**k off. I hope they never win again. They ruined my perfect game.

Now to start planning my open top bus parade . . .

• 1 year later...