Livingston v Dumbarton

I'm struggling to remember a more inconsistent performance from a referee in all my years watching football, especially in the first half. Livi players were getting away with murder whereas Dumbarton players were getting penalised for fair challenges and booked for next to nothing.

We were really poor for most of that game, with CT's effectiveness neutralised by his early booking. However, fair play to Ian Murray in getting his substitutions and tactics spot on in the latter stages. Comparing his changes with Mark Burchill's was the key difference.

Stuart Findlay continues to ooze class.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't believe it when Dumbarton came back to win. They were fucking hopeless all game and we shit ourselves. We deserve to go down and I hope the majority of our players get sacked and never find a team again. Especially those Jacobs c***s

:lol: Stay strong Livi_Lad

There have been plenty inconsistent refereeing performances but this guy's was up there with the worst of them. I know some Sons fans think all of our three bookings were deserved but I'm not so sure. Certainly if they were, then Livi were due three or four as well. Maybe things were evened up in the second half.

The pleasing thing today was that we didn't give up and managed to prevail in a physical battle. Two cracking goals to win it.

Any word on Darren Petrie? He's just back from a long term injury and it was a nasty one he got today. How that wasn't a foul never mind a booking was beyond me, the boy Sekjja looked like he could get away with anything.

The ref was rancid and his linesman (on our side) absolutely pathetic. First time in a wee while that I've properly lost the plot at the officials, I must've been reminiscent of Neil Lennon on the touchline today :lol: Apologies to those behind me for the amount of time I jumped up and started pointing/violently punching the air and yelling!

Duggan was excellent when he came on, physical strong and well up for fight that the game had descended into. Findlay was a class above anyone else on the pitch (again) and Andy Graham was once again excellent.

Top class finishes for both our goals, 'bout time Aggy scored a free-kick.

The DBM :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Thought Muzz nailed the subs today, changed the game.

plenty chances to get a 2nd goal and we could probably have kept playing until tomorrow and still not got one.

How does the second part of that sentence square with the first bit?

I'm struggling to think of when Sons keeper had a save to make; apart from the goal. Most of Livi's efforts were well off target.

How does the second part of that sentence square with the first bit?

I'm struggling to think of when Sons keeper had a save to make; apart from the goal. Most of Livi's efforts were well off target.

Livi had 3 shots on target to our 5 according to the PA. Both had 10 in total. Danny didn't really have any difficult saves to make.

There have been plenty inconsistent refereeing performances but this guy's was up there with the worst of them. I know some Sons fans think all of our three bookings were deserved but I'm not so sure. Certainly if they were, then Livi were due three or four as well. Maybe things were evened up in the second half.

The pleasing thing today was that we didn't give up and managed to prevail in a physical battle. Two cracking goals to win it.

. I'm one of those who thought our bookings were correct but ridiculous inconsistency with no living bookings in first half. The decision to pull Gary Fleming for offside from an awful cross field livi pass confirmed his inability.

Very, very disappointing to lose a game we were the better side in for 80 minutes. Tactics all over the shop from Burchill towards the end, with the inevitable outcome.

Doon.

No yet. I think we're competing wi yoos for that.

The one thing McKendrick got right was not adding any additional time on at the end for Livingston's laughably obvious time wasting. Someone said it started with thirty minutes to go, but I'm pretty sure the referee was pointing to his watch several times during the first half.

Danny had a good save late in the first half, he's kept us in games this season.

Thought the shape all wrong to start with and that despite sitting deeply and compacted livvy got through us quite easily.

Biggest change i think was the second striker coming on.

Best i've seen big Finlay, thought he Danny, Gils, Aggy and Fleming were our best

Of our bookings, Gilhaney's was a definite yes - a professional foul to stop a Livi breakaway. However a Livi player (6, I think) did the exact same thing near the halfway line and only got a talking to.

Turner's was possibly a booking. He lost control of the ball and overstretched to try get it back. Yet again, Livi players committed almost identical (if not worse) fouls in the first half with no action taken, e.g. fouls on Petrie (injured & substituted as a result) and on Findlay just outside the Livingston penalty area. You could hear the two footed contact from the stands with that one and Findlay looked in pain every time he kicked the ball thereafter.

Mark Wilson's tackle happened at the opposite end of the pitch but the Livi player seemed genuinely hurt and needed treatment so I've no complaints about that yellow card.

However, on at least 2-3 occasions Livi players almost took the head off Dumbarton players (Agnew, Turner) with high footed challenges with no action taken.

So yes, all three of our bookings may have been justified but it was the inconsistency which was infuriating.

As for the offside given against Fleming when the Livi player sliced his cross field pass! Unbelievable decision.

Hopefully the referee supervisor was in the stand to witness McKendrick's shambolic performance.

I heard someone shout to McKendrick that he would be refereeing Elgin's game next week after his performance.

If truth be told that was a perfect audition to referee a Celtic or Rangers game at Parkhead or Ibrox. The ability and brass neck to give almost every decision in favour of the home team without turning red with embarrassment.

So, did the Dugg change the game?

He certainly made a big impact.

Strong, aggressive and not afraid to stick himself about a bit. If he could average more than 1 shot every 5 games then he would be an outstanding player at this level.

Archived